xli. CHAPTER THIRTY-SEVEN

~*~
June 25, 1985
warning: mature language, smut

     "It went, like, doo-doo-doo-doo-doo. Doo-doo-doo-doo-duh-doo." Billy chuckled slightly as Mary was stood at the foot of his bed, trying to sing out the tune to a song that she couldn't remember. "I'm not insane, okay?"

     "Yeah, sure, sure," he shrugged, a smile growing across his face.

     "You think I'm crazy, it's - I remember!" she shouted, pointing at him. "It was Come on Eileen!"

     "Yeah, I know," Billy nodded. Mary's eyes widened as she looked to him, Billy giving her a wide smile. "It was cute to see you struggle."

     "You little-" Mary jumped onto the bed, grabbing a pillow and hitting Billy with it playfully.

     "Hey! Hey!" Billy protested as he laughed, holding his arms up in surrender. Mary hit him one more time, Billy grabbing her by the waist and pulling her into him. He began to pepper kisses around her face, Mary laughing at how it tickled. Billy smiled up at her, Mary wrapping her legs around his waist. "Let's go swimming."

     "Right now?" Mary asked confused.

     "Yeah. I have a key, let's go," Billy said. He stood up with Mary still in his arm. Her legs remained wrapped around his waist, but her body sunk a bit. "I am not doing this again, Mary. You can't hang on forever."

     "Challenge accepted," Mary said. She fixed her legs and tightened her grip, Billy laughing slightly at her efforts.

     "Are you doing this so we don't have to go to the pool?" Billy asked, raising an eyebrow at her.

     "Come on, it's gross there and you know it. So many little kids and all their... gross feet," Mary said, shivering a bit at the thought. "Plus, that's where Karen Wheeler likes to gawk over you and tempt you to cheat on me."

     "Little does she know, I am in love with you," Billy said, dipping down and kissing Mary's neck. She sighed, dropping her feet to the floor and standing up straight.

     "Fine, you win, lover boy. Let's go," Mary said, motioning for Billy to go. She smacked his ass when he turned to grab his keys, Billy whipping around to face her. Mary covered her mouth as she was slowly beginning to laugh, and Billy tackled her into the bed playfully. Mary laughed loudly as he straddled over her. He framed her face with his hands, then "took" a picture.

     "There, you're in my brain forever now," Billy said. He leaned down, kissing her softly. After a few seconds, he pulled away again. "Now, let's go."

~*~

     Mary's car quieted down as she stopped the engine, Billy getting out of the passenger seat and rushing to the gate. Mary got out slowly, jogging up behind Billy. He unlocked the gate to the pool, sliding open the chain link fence. He turned and picked Mary up by the waist, throwing her over his shoulder.

     "No! Billy, put me down!" she shouted, hitting his back.

     "If you keep hitting me, I might have to," Billy said as he walked to pool water. The only lights on were the lights inside the pool, and the emergency and street lights.

     "William Neil Hargrove, put me down!" Mary yelled at him, Billy nearly cringing at the use of his full name.

     "As you wish," he said. He threw her over his shoulder and into the water, hearing a small scream from her under the water. He pulled his shot off over his head, then pulled down his jeans while kicking off his shoes. Mary resurfaced right as Billy jumped into the water, and she looked away to not get water in her eyes. She was waiting for Billy to come up again, until two hands grabbed her and pulled her under. She opened her eyes and was met with Billy's own, and he smiled at her. They both came up for air, Mary beginning to take off her shirt. She threw it to the concrete, then pulled her shorts off of her legs. Billy swam over to her, grabbing her hips and lifting her up a bit. Mary smiled down at him as he legs wrapped around his torso.