Zeke hadn't noticed, so Terrance cleared his throat. His eyes flashed down to the familiar knives and something sparked in his eyes.

"My knives," was all Z said. Terr nodded somewhat hesitantly, then pushed the four blades towards him.

"Here."

Zeke stared at him in awe; his mouth falling open slightly while Terr licked his lips nervously.

"If this what you need to protect yourself, so be it," Terrance said, pushing them a little closer to Zeke who just shook his head, a smile playing at his lips.

He glanced back up at Terr eyeing him coyly before, surprisingly, pushing them back towards Terrance.

"Keep them."

Now Terrance was the one whose jaw hung open. "What? You love these things!"

"But I'm fine without them. Like you said, I'm a badass motherfucking werewolf. I know you hate when I have them and I also know that I can protect myself without them. And, I've got you. I'll be fine, T, stop worrying."

Terrance turned bright red just as the bell rang. Zeke chuckled, ruffled his hair, then walked off to class, Terrance frantically throwing everything in his bag to catch up.

I took a deep breath, forcing myself towards the double doors and my impending doom: history class.

"Yo! Sam Powers! Wait up, dude!"

I craned my head towards the sound of a familiar voice calling my name behind me. I stopped walking when I recognized the tall lanky brunette with a goofy grin waving at me. It was Dallas' friend Dylan Cook , one of the guys who played football with Mason. He was also the first person at school to find out about Troye and Dallas' relationship. He was always really cool about it, and I never once heard him say a bad word about anybody. So I waved back, attempting to smile. As soon as I acknowledged him he ducked his head and weaved through countless students until he reached me, smile as bright as ever, pulling me in for a bro hug before we continued down to Damien's classroom.

"Powers, I haven't seen you in forever!" he said spiritedly, slinging an arm around my shoulder as we walked through the door. I looked up at him and smiled.

"I know Dyl, where ya been bro?"

He shrugged, still with his arm around my shoulder. I couldn't help but let my eyes dance around the classroom looking for any sign of Damien.

"You know, the usual. We have to catch up soon, man!"

I smiled as we reached my seat, Dylan's arm dropping from my shoulder.

"Yeah, definitely. Troye and Dallas are absent so sit up here with me today," I told him, pulling out the seat next to me. He grinned and plopped himself down just as everyone started streaming in. I noticed Damien was leaning up against the white board, arms crossed over his chest as his eyes followed my every move. I swallowed, the shadows under his eyes making my heart ache, before I turned back to Dylan who was halfway through a story about a llama who wandered into his backyard yesterday.

"...And then my mom said I could keep it! So my sister put a sweater on him and I named him Pablo. I thought it was kind of fitting cause aren't llamas Mexican?" I let out snorts of laughter as Dylan went on, forgetting how funny he was.

"Dude I have to see this!"

Dylan bit his lower lip, his cheeks turning slightly pink before he continued speaking, suddenly somewhat nervous.

"That's that's why I told you. I thought, maybe you could come over and meet Pablo and then we could yanno go see a a movie or something?"

Well that suddenly took a strange turn. Was Dylan asking me out on a date?
I guess he sensed my sentiment because he quickly added: "Yanno to catch up and stuff. I haven't seen you in, in forever!"