Chapter 9: The Sickening

Gumball and Darwin were sitting in Miss Simian's class listening to their missing link of a teacher drone on and on about trapezoids on the board. Gumball felt his phone vibrate in his pocket and reached into it. He read a text from Penny that said "I'm bored" with a kissing face emoji. Gumball replied with "Me too. You wanna kiss after school?"

"Heck yeah," replied Penny in her text. Gumball then glanced over at Penny, who winked at him. They continued texting.

"And that's how that trapezoid relates to this trapezo... wait wha..." Miss Simian said as she realized what Gumball and Penny were doing. "Watterson! FitzGerald! Are you texting in my class?!"

"Yep," replied Gumball sarcastically as he continued to text.

"Get up here!" Miss Simian commanded. "Front and center, both of you!" Gumball and Penny reluctantly obeyed her command and got up, walking up to the front of the room. "Read your texts to the entire class, or I will." Knowing they were cornered, they looked down at their phones and began to read.

"I'm bored *kissy face," read Penny.

"Me too," read Gumball. "You wanna kiss after school?"

"Ooohhh..." the entire class responded.

"I would love to," read Penny, beginning to cringe.

"We still on for the fair this Friday?" read Gumball. "My mom offered to give us a lift."

"Well, tell your mom I thank her in advance," read Penny.

"Okay enough!" interrupted Miss Simian. "Gees, this is even more boring than my lectures! I was hoping for just a little bit more juice but whatever. Phones, both of you!" She held out her hand. Gumball and Penny placed their phones in it. "You can have 'em back at the end of the day."

Gumball and Penny returned to their seats, both of them blushing slightly as now the entire class knew their Friday night plans. Miss Simian went back to her lecture. At one point, Gumball glanced at Penny again, and she blew a kiss towards him. He blushed and the two just laughed on the inside.

That is when he suddenly felt a cramp in his stomach. It was so intense because no matter what he did, he could not control the pain. He repeatedly impulsively grabbed his stomach, and he impaled himself with one of his claws, which startled him. He looked down and saw his claw on his pointer finger, much longer than his others. Gumball then looked back up to the front of the room contemplating whether he should tell Miss Simian. He looked back down and noticed it was now back to normal size again. However, a scratch was now on his stomach, which was still suffering major cramps. He had no choice to just brace for pain and wait for the period to be over.

"And remember, that homework is due tomorrow so get to it!" Miss Simian said as the bell rang. Gumball and Penny were the last two students to walk out of the classroom. "And you two will get your phones back..."

"At the end of the day, we know," interrupted Penny with an irritated tone and expression.

"Watch it, FitzGerald," warned Miss Simian.

"She is such a jerk," Penny said with a pout when they were out of the classroom.

"Hey, I know what will cheer you up," Gumball replied, elbowing her.

The scene cut immediately to Gumball and Penny kissing each other repeatedly with Gumball pinning her against the wall in an empty corridor in the girl's locker room. They were enjoying every second of it. Gumball eventually let go and just wrapped his arms around his fairy girlfriend, cuddling with her.

"I wanna hear a meow, my little kitty cat," Penny said. Gumball did just that. He then began to purr as Penny scratched his head. "Who's a good kitty cat?" Penny said as she kept scratching between his ears, and Gumball's purring becoming louder. "You are. Yes, you are."