Love is War {Akatsuki Love Story {8}

I stomped up to Pain's room. I stopped abruptly at the door. Would he deny it? Does he even know I'm his child?

I knocked lightly on the door before opening it. Pain was sitting on a chair looking through some papers.

"How can I help you?" Pain still stared at the papers.

"Pain...are you..." I paused rethinking it over. "my father?" I continued, letting out a breath of air I hadn't known I was keeping in.

Pain stared at me with intense eyes, before signaling for me to sit on a chair in front of his desk.

"Who told you that." His full attention was now focused on me.

"Hidan." I said slowly.

"There is a chance, but I can't be one hundred percent sure you are my daughter. Unless you want to take the exam and make sure you are. Or, you can believe Hidan is you father too."

"What?" I asked, confused.

"I'm just messing with you. But there still is a chance either Hidan or II are you father. You up to take the exam?" Pain leaned forward.

"Of course. What else has my mother lied to me about."

Pain opened his mouth and was about to speak before I stopped him. "I don't want to know what else she's lying to me about." I smiled while I said it.

We were outside and Pain was about to start hopping over branches when I stopped him

"I can't do that." I said.

Pain rolled his eyes and knelt down for me to climb on him. I mumbled a thank you before climbing on him.

Pain moved pretty quick through the trees and we soon neared the verge of the trees. Pain stopped quickly and said, "We are well known as thieves around the area so we need you to change clothes." I looked down at Pain and noticed he was dressed casually. "Don't worry, I brought you spare clothes." Pain gave me the clothes. "Go change over there."

I motioned for him to turn around. When I finished, I had my cloak hidden behind a tree.

We walked towards a local hospital. Pain went up to some nurse there and started asking her about the exam. Eventually, Pain came back and said the doctor was preparing.

"Pain and...Miki." A man in his late forties called out. His hair was whitening and his face bore a tired expression.

Pain took a hold on my hand and squeezed it reassuringly.

The man led us to a room and swabbed the inside of our mouths and other things.

What seemed like hours later the man had our results.

"Pain you..." The man coughed and continued. "the father of Miki." I didn't know whether to be happy or upset. I looked over at Pain and he had a small smile on his lips. "You can pay up front." Pain followed the doctor to the front desk and I just sat at the waiting room.

I received a text from Lupin.

'I found my phone :D' Lupin texted me.

'Cool, I have some big news to tell you when I get back.'

'Text me it.'

'It's too serious to text it.'

'Oh, Dei's calling me. Got to go.'

I shoved my phone back into my pocket. Pain came back and we walked back to the beginning of the forest. I found my cloak and put it on over my clothes. Pain knelt down and I crawled back on his back.

We skipped through trees and eventually made it back home. I got off of Pain and slowly made myself to my room, where Lupin and Lunae were already waiting for me.

"What's the big news?" They asked in unison.

I struggling to find the words to explain it, but ended up saying it bluntly. "Pain, the leader of the Akatsuki, a group of bandits, is my father." I whispered.

Lunae and Lupin looked at me oddly.

"No way, I thought your dad was dead!" Lupin spoke up.

"I did too, my mother lied to me." My voice barely above a whisper. I sat on my bed and tried to comprehend this. "I think I just need to sleep, and hope this is all some kind of joke.

I pulled my blanket over me and quickly feel asleep.

*~*Next Day*~*

I groggily woke up and got into the shower. I surely needed one. I got out and changed into one of my many cloaks. I ate some toast that Itachi had cooked. In some way he was the mother of the Akatsuki.

I then walked over to the training arena where Tobi would be teaching me to fend for myself using one of the swords.

We practiced quickly.

"Miki, I'm not going to keep telling you are holding it wrong." Tobi said playfully.

"Just fuck off. I'm not in the mood today." I cut the dummy's head off before getting a small dagger from the sword display and practiced using it.

I poked many holes into the dummy's head before just finishing it off by poking the dagger at it's skull.

I dropped the dagger and brushed past Tobi who had been looking at me marvelously.

"Is it s-." Was all I heard before I shut the door in his face. I raced up to Pain's room. He had promised to show me some pictures of my mom and him together.

Pain sat on his bed with what seemed like a photo album. He patted the spot next to him. I sat next to him and he opened the cover.

Four large pictures were on the cover. The first one was a younger version of my mom with Pain, he didn't even look younger or older. They were holding each other lovingly, as if not caring about the past or future, just the present. The other pictures were exactly like that.

"What under this one?" A picture had been stuff underneath another one. I peeled the picture off and another one was indeed under it.

I looked at it skeptically. "Who is that?" I pointed to another person in the picture. It was a another woman with Pain and my mom.

"That's your friend's Lunae's mom. She was your mom's best friend and dragged her into this mess by pretty much blackmailing her to suffer the same fate as her.

"My mum was such a douche." I giggled. "Then how is Lupin involved?" I asked

"Oh, we thought you would be lonely with only Lunae so we brought Lupin and this other girl you might know with you." Pain laughed goofily.

I nodded and flipped through more pages.

"I'm tired Pain. Go sleep on my bed...I like yours better." I got myself under his covers and drifted off into sleep.