Chapter 5

Opening her eyes, Star now took in the sight of an old boating dock and industrial factory that had existed in her town since before her grandparents. With her friends and Arsenio still next to her she asked "Why are we here?"
      "This is where you will find the first piece," Arsenio replied.
      "How are we supposed to find a small stone, in a place this huge?" Maverick inquired.
      "I can tell you exactly where it is."
      "Then tell us."
      "I will but first you need to hide."
      "What?" They all said just as Arsenio shoved them behind a stack of rowing boats.
      "What's happening?" Tara whispered.
      "This is one of the places the sea creatures are gathering. There's hundreds of them in there, and one of them has the stone," he answered as four creatures walked out of the factory and toward the road. "Orozco is having his three most trusted men hold onto the pieces Nonnatus, Deavian, and Ezzavera. They're all in different spots, and he is looking for that piece so he can destroy them all, that way he can't be stopped."
      "So how do we get it from them?"
      "You have to kill them and in order to do that you need this," he then pulls out an arrow and hands it to Starlet "you need to stab them through the heart with this, it's a magic arrow. The same one that gave my brother the curse, so it's powers will turn them into sand. Also remember they're already dead so technically it's not murder."
      "Thanks that makes me feel a lot better," Starlet grumbled sarcastically then added "anything else I should know?"
      "Yes, three things actually. One, all three men will have a felt bag around their neck holding the piece. Two, to get to the next location you need to look through the hole and picture yourself there and it will take you. Third, this is where I leave you."
      "No you can't leave, you need help us!" Tara panicked.
      "You don't need my help anymore. You've got this," he replied then with the blink of an eye he was gone.
      "Ok, ok. We can do this. We'll be fine," Tara chanted to herself.
      "Look I think that's him," Maverick pointed at the monster that just walked out of the building. The three still in their hiding spot quick came up with a plan then got ready.
      "Hey! Over here!" Maverick yelled as he jumped out of the hiding spot. This catching the monsters attention he turns to Maverick and starts to run toward him. Maverick then turns and starts to run away and just as the monster passes by the stack of boats, Tara jumps out and onto the monsters back and yanks the bag off from around his neck. Right as she does this Starlet goes in front and stabs the arrow through his chest, causing him to fall to his knees, and slowly disintegrate into sand.