Chapter 3

Now at a complete stop, facing the wrong way on the road. Star sat up saw the man still standing in the same spot staring at them ominously. She looked at her friends who appeared to be knocked out unconscious then open the door and got out. At first stumbling to stand, she then walked to the back of the car, coming closer to the man."
"Who are you?" Star asked.​ ​He looked like he was going to ignore her question but then spoke for the first time.
"I'm Orozco, now give me the stone."
"What?"
"The stone, I know you have it. Give it to me and no harm with come to your
friends."
"Huh?" He nodded his head to something behind her. She turned and saw two
of the creatures from the beach holding now conscious Tara and Maverick.
"Let us go!" Tara yelled while kicking the air and Maverick doing the same.
"Give me the stone or I tell them to kill your friends."
"Don't hurt them I'll bring it to you."
"Good," he smiled evilly. She walked over to the truck and reach in the
passenger seat for the stone. She turned and walked to him now standing only a few feet away.
"Why do you want it?"
"It belongs to me, and it's important I get it back. Now give it here." It layed flat in her palm as she extended her hand for him to take it. Going to grab it, the second his finger tip touched the stone he screamed out in pain. That area of his finger now having third degree burns, but a minute later vanishes.
During his screams the monsters ran to him no longer guarding her friends, so taking the opportunity to escape she ran to the truck her friends following.
"Go! Go! Go!" Maverick chanted as Tara floored it leaving Orozco and his creatures behind.