Chapter 3

July 15th 2014

“Kids, I need you to just sit still for a minute, I have something important to tell you.” Christopher tried to gather Quinn and Jesse, but every time he tried they ran off in the other direction. They were just too hyper.

Jesse, who was now 11, was running in his game room, where he played video games all day, while Quinn, who was 9, would concoct some type of makeup set-up, using her face for as a mannequin.

“What is it Dad? Puck's coming over soon, and we’re going to play NFL Live soon.” Jesse sighed. His dad was just so boring.

“I just need to tell you something, and you guys can decide on how you feel.” Christopher knew that today was the day that Finn was born. He would be turning 13, and he felt that his children were old enough to now know the truth about their older half brother. He had talked it over with Carol, and as much as she didn’t like it, she agreed that the children had a right to know.

“What is it dad?” Quinn said sitting on the bed cross legged. She of course was daddy’s little girl, and she was hoping her daddy was going to talk to them about getting that Barbie doll house that she so desperately wanted.

“13 years ago, Daddy, well I don’t know how to tell you this but, Daddy had another baby.” Quinn looked confused, and Jesse tried to digest the information.

“Mommy had another baby?” Christopher sucked in a deep breath.

“Actually honey, it wasn’t mommy had the baby. It was a woman I knew a while back, and this woman and I made another baby.”

“I don’t get it.” Quinn said confused.

“Dad cheated on Mom.” Jesse said bluntly. He wasn’t a stupid kid, when he was 9 and his parents were out of town he would always watch soap operas with his nanny. He knew exactly what was going on, and he couldn’t believe that his dad would do something like that though.

“Jesse, don’t get smart. It was a long time ago, and your mommy and I sorted everything out. The point is that you both have a brother, and it’s his birthday today. He’s turning 13, and I just felt that both you have a right to know.”

“Why haven’t we ever met him?” Jesse asked.

“Well because his mother didn’t want us too. His mother isn’t really happy with me, and well she didn’t want me around him. I just thought you both should know.”

“What’s his name?” Quinn asked.

“Finn, Finn Walker.” Jesse's head snapped at that name.

“I know him!” Jesse exclaimed. Christopher looked at him, how could that be? They couldn’t go to school together, Christopher paid for them to attend a private school.

“How do you know him?”

“When Puck and I go to play basketball at the park, we see him there sometimes. He’s always with a friend of his. I don’t like him. Is he going to move in with us now or something?” Jesse didn’t know why but the prospect of Finn around the family was displeasing. He was the only son in the family, and he would be damned if he came and took his place.

“No, he doesn’t even know that I’m talking to you about this, he probably doesn’t even know I’m his father. I was just letting you guys know.” Christopher explained. If Jesse seen him around that means that Lauren must be close by. The thought of that bewildered him; he thought she was still living in the trailer parks.

“Good, I don’t want him around. I like the way things are. Can I go now?” Christopher sighed, he had a feeling Jesse would feel this way.

“Are you upset with me?” Christopher asked.