Chapter 11 - Rain

Tiger continued to charge down the sidewalk. He continued to run, refusing to look back at what was behind him. Warm tears would fly from away from his cheeks as the cold breeze would hit them. The scenery almost seemed too slow down as he ran faster. Cars driving by only seemed to slow down as she passed them, yet none of them stopped.

        Tiger narrowed his eyes too what was in front of him. A red light on a busy street. He bit down on his lower lip, and quickly shook his head. He only began to run faster. He only slowed down as his ears turned to the rumble of thunder far off. As Tiger arrived at the beaming red light, he passed it, and continued to run down the traffic filled streets.

        Not a single car would stop as Tiger ran passed them. Only the sound of the cars honks seemed too slow him down. He was getting closer to the sidewalk. A sigh of relief escaped from his lips. Only a jog or two away, a speeding car quickly stopped in  front of him. Tiger let out a painful yelp, but continued down the sidewalk. The man behind the wheel quickly got out of his car. A terrified look was slapped onto his face. He was about to grab onto Tiger's arm, but Tiger limped away faster. The man scrunched his eyebrows.

        "Hey, kid, you okay," he yelled out, but Tiger was too far away too here.

        "Kid?!" The mans voice grew foggy as Tiger limped farther away from him. Tiger would have been hit by the car if any closer, but luckily the car had stopped an inch away. Although, Tiger did wish the car would have hit him. Maybe another person could kill him instead of him killing himself. The front of it smashed into Tiger's right leg.

        Tiger would get out painful whimpers as he quickly limped down the street. Blood was quickly rushing down down his leg, but Tiger refused to stop. Another rumble of thunder caught his ears, but the sound was closer that time. He glanced up at the skies. Dark clouds were covering up the blue skies, as well as the warm sun. It was going to storm pretty soon.

        He turned his vision back towards the streets. They were the same, loud and busy. He slowly turned his body around, and glanced around.

        "Not going back home," he muttered to himself. He turned his body back towards the streets and continued to limp around, in search for a makeshift shelter. A drop of water hit the lip of his nose pretty soon. Winds would quickly rush by him, hitting his cold long sleeve arms, as well as his bare would that continued to bleed. He wrapped his shivering arms around himself, trying to keep warm.

        It had been nearly twenty minutes, and Tiger could find nothing. Not a single open restaurant, no subway station, not even a cardboard box. He let cold tears fall down his red cheeks.

        His body was frozen, his legs were tired, and his stomach painfully growled at him. Maybe that was the feeling of being a street kid. A kid with no where to go. He watched as his legs walked on their own. He wasn't moving them, they were walking on their own

        They had finally seemed to give up as he dropped to his knees. Soft rain carefully began hit his head. He shivered as one of the raindrops slid down his back. He sneeze was about to escape from his lips, but he quickly held it back. He let out a sigh of relief as the feeling went away.

        He slowly reached for the blood wound and held onto the leg. The giant gash on his leg continued to bleed rapidly. More painful tears slipped out as he wiped the blood that were on his hands onto his jeans. His body shivered from the cold breeze once again as a chilling wind blew sideways past him. It was colder than usual.

        Tiger looked up from the wet ground, and turned his head too the side. A small alley was only a few footsteps away. He turned his head back to the ground, and slowly pushed himself up by the arms. His body wobbled and fell on the side of a building. He carried his aching legs, one by one, and hammered the onto the ground like stomping feet.