Chapter 5 - Takeover

After their meal, Tiger began to reach into his pocket for his money. Before he could pull out any cash Asher reached over the table and stopped him. 

        "I'll pay for it, don't worry," Asher said with a reassuring smile. Tiger shook his head.

        "No, I can," Tiger said. He cocked his eyebrow, causing Tiger to let out laugh. Asher shook his head.

        "No, no, I'm older." 

        Tiger scrunched his eyebrows and shook his head.

        "I'm five," Tiger said, holding out four fingers. Asher chuckled at his off number.

        "Your five," Asher said, holding out 'five' fingers.

        "And I'm ten." Tiger folded his hands into his chest and frowned at Asher. He only rolled his eyes.

        "I am double your age," he continued to argue. Tiger rolled his eyes and allowed Asher to pay for the food. Asher gave a thirty dollar bill too the waitress that took their order and glared at her.

        "Next time, there will be no next time," Asher whispered to the waitress.

        She gulped and quickly scurried away. Other customers and workers gave them strange looks, but quickly returned to their own businesses before Asher could go off on their heads again.

        "Keep the change," Asher yelled from across the room. A small smile appeared on his face, but after the waitress glanced back at him, it quickly disappeared. He rolled his eyes, watching her scurry back into the kitchen. He looked back at Tiger, who was fixing his small jacket. The small jacket was larger than his small frame. It practically draped over his shoulders. Asher chuckled slightly, glancing down his body, but stopped as his eyes reached his arms.

        "Come on," he said, getting up from his seat. Tiger glanced up at him and quickly got up as well. 

        "Let's get that left arm of your's cleaned up." Tiger got up and smiled. They began walking towards the door. The rest of the workers watched them warily, but both Asher and Tiger turned around and glared at them causing them to scurry back to their jobs. Asher opened the door for Tiger to walk out, then began walking after.

        "Come on, let's go to my house. I have a first aid kit." Tiger looked up at him and smiled sweetly.

        "Thanks, I guess." Asher rolled his eyes.

        "Shut up," Asher said, poking at Tiger's cheek.

        "You're making me feel soft. I'm not soft, I'm hard." Tiger glanced up at him and bit his bottom lip.

        "You too?" Asher shrugged.

        "It doesn't really matter anymore. After being mistreated practically your whole life, how could you blame me." Tiger nodded. After a while, he began to shiver. Asher glanced at him and chuckled slightly.

        "Don't worry, we're almost there," he assured him. Tiger smiled at him, and looked down again.

        "Why were you at the alley," Tiger soon brought up after another moment of silence. Asher glanced at him and shrugged.

        "Shrugging gets you nowhere.". Asher chuckled. He glanced up at a lamp post above him that just flickered on. 

        "Why were you at the alley," Asher asked, crossing his arms and giving Tiger a look.