True friend

Caitlyn's POV

It's been two years since Haley left.
Two years since she walked out of my front door, leaving me with a broken heart.

I mean, do you know how confused I was? All those years we were together... So happy and content, and then she just decides to up and run away.
And for what, exactly? Because she was scared that I would get hurt? Scared that I would be hunted, and tracked down by those idiot brutes!?

When Haley left, I felt abandoned.
" I don't want you to get hurt." She said. " I can't have them finding you."
If only she knew...

She left me, and I was heart broken.
But I didn't sit there, and wallow in my pity. No, I decided to take things into my own hands. I knew in my heart that Haley still loved me, and I would do anything possible to get her back.

The only thing separating us was that stupid drug dealer guy... He was also the reason why I'm blind.

I decided that the tables would turn.

I was going to hunt those men down. I was going to kill them. Kill all of them.
Then, I would find Haley, and we could be together again.

The only problem is.... I can't see. And, I've never killed anyone before. I mean, sure, I was mad as Hell, and wanted revenge, but... Could I really take a life?

No.
I can't.
But Sean could.

When I first met Sean, I was alone in the woods, sitting in the spot where Haley and I had our first kiss, trying to hold back my tears.

Sean found me.

And he stayed with me.

Later, Sean told me that there was something intriguing about me, that made him want to help me. When I asked him if it was my scar, he just laughed, and shook his head. He said it was something about my Aura.

After a couple months, Sean and I got closer, until we were literally inseparable. He's my best friend, he's really all I've got.

I remember the day I told him about Haley. I told him how much of a hopeless romantic I was, trying so hard to find her again.

And then I remember Sean telling me one of the smartest things I've ever heard in my life.

" If your lucky enough to find a girl who's a hopeless romantic with a dirty mind," he said, "then you should hold onto her, cause she'll be yours at 2 in the morning, and then at 2 in the afternoon the following day."
" She'll kiss you until it hurts, and where it hurts. that's important, because someone who not only knows how to turn you on, but also treat you right, is someone worth something, and a little more than usual."

I remember absorbing his words like a sponge.

He gave me a sad smile, and then said " If Haley left you, Caitlyn, then she didn't truly appreciate how amazing you are."

That was the moment I decided to ask Sean if he'd help with my plan.

I realized that Sean's words were true, but Haley didn't leave me on her own behalf. She left to protect me.

Sean agreed, taking me by surprise.

I couldn't believe how fine he was with it. It was like he'd been asked such insane requests before.

" if that's what you want, then I'll do it."

One thing you'll learn about Sean, is that he never breaks a promise.

He killed them all for me, and then the next week, we had two plane tickets to North Carolina, and I was only a day away from seeing my beloved Haley again.