1 The beginning

Hi. My name is Christina Reed. But everyone calls me Chris.

My therapist said that writing down your issues is a good way to let off some steam. And I found this notebook, and I thought... why not.

So, if I'm really going to sit here and try to write down the infinity amount of " Issues" that I have, then why don't I start with one of the biggest...

I'm not human.

At least, I don't think I am. I used to be.... Before I got bitten.

That was a few years ago. Five, actually. This happened when I was twelve. My family and I went on a weekend vacation to the mountains. I, an adventurous young child, had wandered pretty far away from the campsite and I didn't realize how far I had gone until the sun began to set. I looked back, and I realized that I had no clue where I was. So I started to run.

I eventually got too tired to run anymore, and I sat down under this huge Maple tree. I was terrified. The moon was high in the sky now, and I started to cry, but stopped suddenly as I heard a twig snap.

Something was watching me.

To this day, I still dont know who, or what it was. But it's eyes were yellow, they stood out against the darkness. I was locked into place, too scared to move. My stomach lurched as a heart stopping growl filled the air. The thing jumped on me so fast, that I didn't even have time to scream.

That's all that I can remember of that night. The next morning I woke up with fangs, and I was covered in fur.

For some reason, I was never afraid of what I had become. It didn't scare me at all. I thought it was amazing. Impossible, yea, but also amazing.

It was easy to control it. I was surprised to find that I could turn back into my human form by just thinking about it. With my new heightened senses, It was easy to find the rescue team that had been searching for me.

For three years, I was able to keep my secret, and still maintain a normal life. I went to school, I studied for tests, and then I came home and ate dinner with my unsuspecting family. Everything was somewhat normal.

Untill I met Haley.

___________________________________________________________________________

Hey everyone! This chapter is just the introductory. The next one is the start of the actual story, so it will be better! I'd love to get feedback, so if you guys could leave your thoughts in the comments that would be awesome. thanks (:

-Haleigh