10

Chris POV

When our eyes met it was like electricity. My blood started pounding in my ears, and I felt my stomach doing flips inside of me. My inner wolf howled in frustration. I wanted to touch her so badly...

I stare at her, stuck in a wonderful, yet frightening, daze. Behind me, a million miles away, I can hear Matt screaming and running around frantically. I smile as Haley's eyes meet mine. She was so beautiful. Her eyes were like a murky ocean, full of secrets that I felt I needed to explore.

Suddenly, Matt shakes me by my shoulders. " HOLY SHIT CHRIS! We are SO going to jail! I can't beleive you!" Desperatly, he dashes over to Haley, and begins to scream a string of barely comprehendable apologies to her.

When she just stands there, continuing to stare at me with a dumbfounded expression, Matt loses it.

He lets out a wail, and whisks his back to her facing me. " CHRIS! YOU PARALYZED HER!" I look at him. " Seriously, Matt? She's not paralyzed." I stand in front of Haley, and try to get some of the weird feelings off me, by giving in to my wolf.

Pressing the palm of my hand against her cheek, I feel her gasp. The sound sends tingles down my spine.

" Are you alright, Haley?"

She looks frightened, and a little shocked by the touch. For a second I'm concerned that I may have actually paralyzed her. But then I remember that the truck never actually hit her.

Suddenly, Haley's cheeks turn a rosy red. Her eyes are focused on me. As I look at Matt, I realize that he is too. His brow quirked up in a questioning gaze. I realize that my hand is still cradling her cheek, and I pull it away quickly, embarrased.

" Um... I think I'm fine..." To my disapointment Haley takes an akward step away from me. I smile, feeling very out of place all of the sudden. " Well, I guess that's good." Matt puts a hand on my shoulder, taking a step closer to her. I watch in confusement as Haley flinches, and then quickly tries to cover it up by coughing. Matt looks at her, concerned.

" Do you need a ride.... um...." He pauses purposefully, so she can tell him her name. Without thinking, I blurt it out for her.

" It's Haley." Matt looks at me bewildered, and Haley just gives me a small smile. " Yea, it's Haley." Matt looks at us with confusion. " So.... you've met before?" We both nod, smiling at each other in a way. Matt shakes his head, cleary giving up.

" Okay. Well, Haley if you need a ride it'd be the least we can do considering the fact Chris almost killed you. I guess I'll just wait in the car untill you guys stop staring each other down."

He get's in the car, and I finally find my words. " So, why were you in the middle of the road? Thats not really safe, if you didnt know." She frowns at me. " I was hitch hiking. My car broke down earlier. " I nod. " Well fortunately, we have a car... so you can ride if you want to." She smiles at me. " Thanks, Chris."

I walk torwards the truck, and Haley grabs my arms, sending tingles throughout my body. " We always meet in the wierdest ways." She says. I nod, and she grins cheesily. " But at least this time you weren't naked." As my cheeks turn red, she skips away laughing over her shoulder.

My wolf howls with pleasure as she laughs. Besides the dream from last night, her laugh was the hottest thing I've ever heard in my life.