Starflight resisted the urge to roll his eyes at his father as he sat on the navigator's seat. Not that they needed a navigator. Both of them had been going to the same place for over 2 years. Mastermind as a teacher and Starflight as a student. Mastermind was a scientist but when the company he worked in turned out to be illegal he was forced to leave his job and become a science teacher. At that time though he was happy with this choice. 

That time mom was alive. Starflight thought,sadly of his deceased mother, Farsight, who had died 5 years ago. 

''Put on your seatbelt.'' Mastermind barked. 

Starflight followed the instructions, obediently. Oh Sunny, I wish you were here....

Another face smiled at him in his mind , as Mastermind started the car.

Starflight stood outside the class. He self-consciously checked his appearance in the glass on the door. His button up shirt, glasses and trousers were like they were as they were supposed to be. He was  going to say it today. He was going to admit to the perfect girl that he liked her. He took a deep and entered the class. To his disappointment there was no little blonde girl to hug him from behind to wish him good morning . There was no one there, for that matter. No one he knew or wanted to talk to anyway.

The black haired boy quietly went and sat down in his seat. His gaze following the clock. After some time a tall,muscular woman with red hair walked inside the class. She was wearing red track pants and a 'P.E teacher' jacket. 

uh-oh. Mrs Kestrel was going to be their homeroom teacher. 

He didn't like it. He didn't like it one bit. Mrs Kestrel was famous for handing out detentions and she made you run laps during that time. It was horrible. Starflight would even choose to do battle training instead of that, but right now he was more worried about his friends. They still weren't here and you should never be late for Kestrel's class. Even Glory wasn't here, which surprised him. She was never late. 

Suddenly panic gripped him, Oh moons tell me all of you aren't absent!!

Starflight really really didn't want to spend his first day alone.

''EVERYONE.SIT DOWN.RIGHT NOW!!'' Kestrel shouted. 

It worked. Everyone quickly sat down and even the remaining chatter died under Kestrel's glare. 

''NOW-'' The teacher was interrupted by the opening of the door as 5 students stood outside sheepishly.Starflight felt relieved...and scared that these were the people he knew. All of them slowly walked inside. 

Kestrel glowered at them, ''AND WHY ARE ALL OF YOU LATE TO CLASS?!!!''

''Well..''Clay started, an embarrassed blush creeping on his cheeks.

''WHY WERE YOU LATE TO CLASS?!''

''I-''

''I DON'T HAVE ALL DAY! EXPLAIN YOURSELF''

All of them, including Starflight, flinched at the volume. 

''I am trying, maybe if we could do it without all the yelling and see -'' He stopped, hearing the familiar click of the pen, which meant detention. 

''NAMES?'' The teacher snarled.

''Clay''

''Tsunami'' The girl snapped.

''Glory'' The rainbow haired girl glared at Clay.

''Sunny'' The little girl whimpered.

''...Peril''

Kestrel turned to look at the girl with fiery hair. Oh,Starflight remembered. Kestrel was Peril's mother. The hair, the chin, the build, the resemblance was unmistakable. As far as he knew Kestrel was still fighting a court case,for Peril's custody, with her father. 

The teacher crushed the detention slip in her hands and returned the pen to her pocket.

''Make sure this is not repeated,'' Kestrel said.

And the bell rang.

Starflight caught up with his friends beside their lockers. 

''On my moons I was worried all of you were absent and I will have to spend the first day of school all alone!'' he panted.

''When are you not worried?'' Tsunami questioned, grinning cheekily at him from her locker where she was trying to stuff her overstuffed bag inside the small space.

Starflight  ignored her, 'So why were you guys late?''

Glory jabbed a finger at clay, ''This guy, '' she growled. ''This guy ruined my perfect record.''

He chuckled. Then shut up immediately under her furious glare.

''Well Clay missed the first cut,'' Sunny explained kindly. 

''And the second,'' Tsunami added.

''And the third,'' Glory finished.

Starflight turned to clay, who was blushing , barely concealing his smile.

''Seriously?''

Clay just nodded.

Tsunami started to laugh, Glory, Sunny and He joined in and soon all of them were laughing.

This was the reason he loved all his friends. 

Guys, I really like to see the notification, which means someone has voted or commented but please, no wars. Even if you personally don't ship a couple in this fanfiction you are free to disagree and comment without the use of offensive language, but please do not insult my other readers. Even I don't ship Winterwatcher or Sunflight but no need to hate. Just chill and spread the love people. :)

 Chapter ideas are welcome. If I like it I may use them, giving you the due credit of course.

Thanks