"My favorite," she whispers happily before leaving the doorway for a moment to put the flowers in a vase of water. Then, she's back still smiling that gorgeous smile of hers. They link hands as if it's a natural thing for them to do and Wanda leads them to the elevators and out onto the streets of New York.

"Are you okay with walking? It is not far," Wanda asks hesitantly, looking at Natasha nervously. The other woman just beams and follows Wanda's lead. They make it to the small restaurant in under ten minutes and there is no wait for them to be seated. It's practically empty besides an elderly couple at a table by the window. Music is playing quietly in the background and Wanda can immediately see why Pepper recommended the place. It's absolutely perfect.

They sit across from each other, their knees brushing under the table every few seconds. Wanda is almost sad when Natasha drops her hand to pick up the menu but the light touches of their legs brings her comfort. They make easy small talk until their food comes, Natasha laughing softly as Wanda tells a story of Peter from earlier in the week.

Their plates are cleared away and the bill is placed on the table after what seems like 30 minutes but what has truly been upwards of 2 hours. And when they leave, the moon is shining and the stars are twinkling in the sky. The sidewalk is nearly empty as they walk back to the tower, Natasha leaning into Wanda's side as they link hands again.

"It's so beautiful out," Natasha sighs, her eyes reflecting the city lights. Wanda thinks Natasha is much more beautiful than the sky and, when she says as much, the redhead blushes and laughs it off.

They're back to the tower before they know it and on Natasha's floor within minutes. Wanda is sad to see the night coming to a close and she hesitates at Natasha's door, still gripping onto her hand. Their eyes meet and Natasha's hand comes up to her cheek, stroking the pale skin of Wanda's jaw. And then they're kissing. It's soft and slow, a culmination of the quiet night they just had.

And, when they pull apart slowly, Natasha grins slyly. "Let's do this again some time," she murmurs before pecking Wanda on the cheek and opening her door. She goes in without so much as a glance behind her and Wanda doesn't even mind, she's too dazed to care.

They do, in fact, do it again, spending a week in between their first and second date glancing at each other slyly and ghosting their hands ever-so-slightly across the other's skin. For their second date, Natasha takes Wanda to a Russian restaurant on the east side of town that's tucked between a sketchy looking bar and an even sketchier looking apartment complex.

But the food is to die for and the beetroot salad she has as a side dish reminds her of a time before the bomb dropped on her apartment. Natasha knows the staff by name and smiles at all of them like they're old friends. They treat the pair like they're royalty and Natasha holds Wanda's hand for the entire meal. She doesn't even care that it makes it harder to eat.

At the end of the night, they kiss again outside Natasha's door. It's longer this time and tastes faintly of the cheesecake they shared for dessert. Wanda momentarily hopes it will never end but then it does and they say their goodnights. That night, Wanda has her first dream of Sokovia that isn't a nightmare.

On their third date, Wanda walks Natasha to her door as per usual despite Natasha's protests. Once they get there, they both pause and turn to face each other. Wanda has to lean down because she's wearing heels and Natasha isn't. The redhead meets her halfway, joining their lips together softly. They stay like that for awhile moving in sync slowly until Natasha opens her mouth wider and brushes her tongue gently across Wanda's lip. The younger girl lets her in without much hesitation.

Natasha hums in content, her tongue sliding past her lips with confidence. Wanda wraps her hands behind Natasha's neck, twisting her fingers into her fiery red hair. She tugs on it ever so slightly and Natasha gasps into her mouth before pulling away, out of breath.