Being stubborn

Turning to the children I frowned my wolf allowed me to take over once more. "Please get dressed. Taking off my shirt I handed it to my mate. "Here. Take this."

"No thank you."

"Don't be stubborn. Your an unmarked unmated female. You can't walk around half naked. Especially not with my men around."

"I'll take my chances."

At this my wolf fought to once again take over my eyes changing from it's normal color of Auburn then flashing black before returning back to auburn. "Calm down. Getting angry at her won't help us." I tried reasoning with life him.

At this, my wolf growled in frustration. He hated it when I was right. "She's not leaving this room looking like that!"

"I agree. However, we don't want to isolate her from us. As mother always says, you get more flies with honey then with vinegar."

My wolf grunted in reply. "Please let me do this for you. It's the least I can do."

"Why should I accept anything from you? You trespassed on our lands and your men have threatened my pack including our children." She demanded stubbornly and I sighed and rubbed my temple this woman was starting to give me a headache.

"Luna I'm scared." A small child whimpered. My mate immediately rushed over to comfort the small child. "What if I never see my mommy and daddy again?"

"Shhh. We mustn't think like that. I'm sure everyone will be alright." She replied before turning her gaze back to me.

"Who are you? Why are you doing this?" A young woman demanded as she shielded the children.

"All will be explained in due time."

"Time is something that you don't have." One is the younger girls replies and I groan.

"You seem overly confident about that? Why is that I wonder?"

"Because if our Alpha doesn't kill you upon his arrival, then our Luna will. She's a lot stronger then you and your men give her credit for. Especially when she allows her wolf to take over."

"Oh?"

"Our Luna's wolf is the strongest female wolf in this district and is actually stronger then some of the men." The young girl boasted.

"Is that so?" I ask turning to the Luna who shrugged. "If you think your true love is going to rescue you, think again."

"I never said Gustavo is my true love. And yes, he will rescue us, that I know..."

"Ahh then you admit that you do not love your Alpha and self proclaimed mate."

"He knows that I care about him, but that my love will always be for my true mate. Tell me, how did you gain access to our lands without our security smelling your scents? What is it you want from us?"

"Isn't it obvious? We had help from the inside. I believe her name was Geraldine. As for why my pack is here the Moon Goddess told me to seek out my mate. That she is a member of this pack. To allow her to choose between the man she's currently with or me."

"Why would anyone choose to be with a cruel monster like you? Your ugly through and through. You don't deserve to have a mate let alone be loved."

The young pre-teenage girl replied. Suddenly a deep growl was heard and the girl smirked at me. "What's the matter? Can't handle the truth?" She sneered at me.

"I'm not the one who growled." I replied gazing over at the Luna who's eyes had changed to black. I smiled inwardly. She obviously didn't like me being spoken to with such disrespect. I held back a chuckle as she blushed when she saw me looking at her.