Innocent of all charges

"I'm sorry Alpha but the Luna must do the test first. Otherwise it won't work right. If your found guilty it would automatically charge her as guilty as well."

"Fine." Gustavo grunted in irritation.

"Did you Luna Autumn, know that Gustavo planned on mating with Geraldine to produce and heir?"

"That's complicated. It's not a simple yes or no answer."

"Explain."

"Gustavo was angry that my wolf refused to accept him as her mate. He swore that if she wouldn't give him what was rightfully his, then he would find another female to have an heir. He knew how much Geraldine and I hate each other, so he chose her."

"However, I know Gustavo's wolf would never let him do that. Did he sleep with Geraldine? Yes. Do I believe that he used his Alpha command to force her to sleep with him? No. She was a sl*t in high school and she's still one now." I replied somewhat bitterly.

At this, Gustavo let out a boisterous laugh. "This isn't a joke Alpha. The two of you could be banished if you either one of you are found guilty."

"May I ask a question?"

"Of course Luna."

"What does wolvesbane do to a wolf if they take it unknowingly?"

"Wolvesbane can do many things. Why do you ask?"

"Tell him."

At this, Gustavo frowned. "No. Absolutely not."

"Tell him. Now!" I growled and Gustavo's eyes went wide in surprise and he gulped. To my surprise, he sighed and did as I commanded.

"I went to Geraldine's house because I knew that it would make Autumn and her wolf jealous/ upset. I never wanted to sleep with her let alone get her pregnant. That may have been what I had wanted to do at first, but my wolf managed to convince me that it was a bad idea."

"We both agreed to leave Geraldine's house and not return. To try and make things work with Autumn. To figure out what it was that we needed to do to convince her wolf that we truly love her and not the Alpha

"Geraldine was being her usual self. Mocking the fact that Autumn hadn't gotten pregnant. Which made both myself and my wolf angry. We got up to leave but she offered us some tea. After drinking it, I began to feel weak and I blacked out."

"When I awoke several hours later, I found myself in bed with Geraldine. I quickly got dressed and returned home. It took me several hours to get Autumn's wolf to believe me, when I said that I hadn't slept with Geraldine on purpose."

"She asked me if I would strip her of the title of Luna if Geraldine became pregnant with my child. I told her no. That even if Geraldine were to bear my child, I'd never take from her that which always was hers. I haven't returned to Geraldine house since."

"I see. Alpha, if the child Geraldine is carrying is in deed yours the pack may demand that you make her Luna in Autumn's stead since it seems that Autumn is barren and unable to conceive."

"No. Geraldine will not be my Luna and Her child will not be my heir."

"Then the pack may demand that the two of you step down and give the title of Alpha and Luna to someone else."

"Yeah, that's not going to happen either. We are this pack's leaders. We have no intention of stepping down any time soon."

The priest sighed and nodded in understanding. "Very well. Please give me your hands. This will sting. Moon goddess we seek your wisdom. Is the child that Geraldine carrying Gustavo's?" We watched anxiously as the blood fell into the bowl. It remained clear. Indicating that the child Geraldine was carrying was not Gustavo's.

"Of the charges brought against the Alpha and Luna what is your judgement?" Again we squeezed a drop of blood into the bowl. Nothing happened.

"What does that mean?"

"It means my Alpha, that you are now faced with a very difficult decision."

"Which is?"

"How are you going to punish Geraldine?"

"She is pregnant with a pup. I can not and I will not do anything that would endanger the child. I will not punish her."

"She would have had you stripped of your titles over a lie. She deserves to be punished."

"No." Gustavo replied.

"Luna, surly you want her punished?"

"No. I will honor my Alpha's decision." I replied.

"The pack is going to demand retribution. Geraldine can't go making accusations like this and get away with it. She must be punished."

"What would you have me do?"

"Banish her. Deem her a rouge."

"I can't. Not in good conscience."

"Why not? Are you worried that the pack might believe that you banished her because she is pregnant with your child and refused to give the child to you upon their birth?"

"No."

"Then why?"

"Because she's pregnant. It wouldn't be fair to the child to be born the daughter or son of a rouge."

"Then banish her after she gives birth."

"Impossible."

"Why?"

"If I banish her, then I must also banish her husband and her children. That would prove difficult since Geraldine's husband is my Bata. Besides, it is not right that the child suffer because of his or her mother's sins."

"Then remove the child from her custody and then banish her."

"No. I will not take a child from their Parents. Not without a valid cause."

"How about the fact that I don't know? The child's mother is a traitor?" The priest replied but I shook my head no. I was not going to force a innocent child to live the dangerous life of a rouge because of what their parent or parents had done.

Meanwhile, Geraldine sat in her house contemplating her next move. What did she need to do in order to become Gustavo's mate? That's it! She had to find and located Autumn's true mate. Perhaps if she were to bring him to the pack then Autumn would no longer want Gustavo as her mate.

After all, it was common knowledge they Autumn's wolf had never accepted Gustavo as her mate. It was a long shot but it was worth it. Now all she had to do was sneak off the pack's territory, sneak onto the territory of Autumn's mate, find him and then somehow manage to convince him to return with her.