He tries to bait me with the mix up, but I remain quiet as a mouse, I won't feed into his behavior.

"Going to a good school, in a new state away from the city, getting good grades and playing a good sport. Jesus, Liz must be one happy bitch" he states.

I bite down on my tongue to keep my comment held back. I won't give in.

"She always wanted what she thought was best for you but the sad part is her hopes are nothing more than a facade. One day you'll wake up and no longer feel the need to work hard. Your grades will fall and your attendance will drop. Football will be put on the back burner because you don't do well with team sports and you never will. One day it will all become too much and when it does, I'll be waiting."

No, that will never happen. I like going to school, I have a reason to be there. I have I reason to study and a reason to try. I'm still not the biggest fan of team sports at time but I have a reason to do good. I have a purpose and a future that I want. I have goals, he has nothing.

I don't know why I haven't hung up yet. Maybe it's because a small part of me acknowledges that at one point I wanted nothing more than to know this man and that even though I hate him, this might be the last time I ever speak to him.

Maybe I'm hoping to leave things on a good term, like I did with Ethan Reynolds.

"Your sister is still the same I assume. Mark is still trying to be super dad and failing miserably."

I say nothing, once he finishes his little rant, I can speak my piece and hang up.

"You don't want to talk, that's fine. I have one more topic to touch on." He clears his throat. "We don't get to see much of what's going on outside these walls, but we do get to watch tv every once and a while. ESPN was on the other day and they were talking about this high school football player, committed to Alabama, who went viral for a tweet he posted of him and his girlfriend."

Oh, no.

"He had some cheesy quote to go along with it. How did it go... why carry the weight of a team when I already hold my whole world in my arms. I don't know, something like that." He states, "What's important is the kid looked so familiar and that's when I hit me. That was my son on tv."

I'm going to be sick.

"It was a shock to not only see my child after going so long with a visit. To learn about Alabama was humorous, I'd been told things but no confirmation. The relationship though, that almost gave me a heart attack. My boy doesn't date, he gets around but a girlfriend? Never."

My boy, the words alone are enough to gross me out.

I've never been so annoyed with myself. So much time and effort went into making sure my Instagram and snapchat were safe just for me to hop on twitter and fuck everything up.

"The girl though, she's a real prize. What's her name? Claire? Emily? Maira? No... Scarlett? Yes, that's the one. Tell me, son, how is Scarlett?"

"Keep her name out of your mouth." I snap, to quickly to get a hold of myself.

My seven word response is enough to get him fired up.

"I got curious, had a friend who actually cared enough to visit me do some recon. You've landed yourself quite the interesting girl. I mean, I understand why you're attracted to her." He drawls.

"I don't know what you're talking about." I reply evenly. what does he know?

"Besides the fact she's a total knock out? You're playing house, son. I suppose that's your mother's fault for never giving you a proper childhood, so now you feel the need to prematurely create a happy family home. You found someone to give you constant love and affection."