I.PhaYo (1)

Wayo's POV

I'm running as fast as I could to the practice hall for the the competition meeting since I woke up late because I had to do at least half of my assignments due today. As the moon of the science faculty, I was expected to be on my best behavior since I was representing all the student in my faculty. the moons and stars joining the competition are usually chosen because they are beautiful, handsome, smart or charming. All my friends say that I was picked because am cute. Sure, I may be cute but do they really think that a person as introverted as I am have a chance at winning this thing? The way I see it, they don't think our faculty has a chance at winning with a variety of god-like competitors so they're hoping to win them over with cuteness. I guess we don't have any other cute boys in our faculty so they just have to settle with an awkward cuteness.

Good luck to them.

When I reached the hall, all the junior moon and stars were already there waiting for last year's campus moon and star who will be in charge of the event. They were all just chatting and interacting with the other representatives from other faculties, trying to make friends. I looked around and spotted my best friend, Ming laughing with a star. I'm not surprised he got picked as the engineering faculty's moon. He's handsome and charming. A deadly combination that proves to be effective in capturing the hearts of men and women alike.

"Hey," I greeted him then smiled at the girl as a sign of acknowledgement.

"Oh, hey Yo." Then he gestured towards her,"this is Praepailin, she's the star of my faculty. Prae, this is Wayo, my best friend. He's from the faculty of Science."

She waved," Hi, you could just call me Prae."

We talked for a while and soon I was able to make a few acquaintances. A senior walked in and introduced herself as P'Pring, last year's campus star who will be guide us on what to do along with last year's campus moon. Supposedly, the campus moon will be late for the meeting because he still has to meet with the dean to submit a document of the schedule of practices and the funds needed for the event. For now, she just told us to get to know our seniors who are already here while waiting.

I saw one of my seniors in high school sitting on a picnic bench with a few guys and nudged Ming. "Hey, isn't that P'Beam?"

"Yeah. Let's go say hi. It's been a long time since we've seen him."

Between Ming and I, I am closer to P'Beam. P'Beam may be flirty but he's a nice guy who I became friends with since,according to him, I remind him of his best friend before he moved to our high school. When I first met him, I was a junior while he was already in his senior year. I thought he would bully me because I looked even more nerdy than I am now and he looked like the typical popular kid, but he was surprisingly approachable and even went with me to cosplay since he used to do this with his friend.

We went closer to them. " P'Beam!" Ming shouted as I glared at him for getting the attention of the whole room.

"What? You wouldn't do it since you're shy. Yeesh, you should be thankful you have an extrovert as a friend. Otherwise you would rot all alone without anyone to have fun with"

I faced him with an unamused face," You call being dragged outside the comfort of my own home and being starved just so you could have someone as your wingman, fun? My silence wasn't a yes, it was an unspoken scream of a big fat no to your evil schemes."

"Hmm, you love me though"

"Keep telling yourself that."

As we approached them, P'Beam had a confused expression that turned to surprise.

"Yo? Ming?" Upon recognizing us, he stood up to give me a hug.

"Wow, Yo. Don't tell me you're the moon of your faculty?! Hahahaha. I never thought I'd live to see the day you get to be on stage! I even thought you'd just get your diploma from the office than attend the graduation ceremony!" He laughed.

"Stupid P'Beam." I glared at him, embarrassed.

Looking at Ming, he asked half jokingly, " Did he though?"

"He did." They both laughed along with the other guys behind P'Beam who were chuckling.

Tch, I need more friends who just want to hangout at home and fanboy while eating anything within reach. Would there be interested applicants? *Sigh.

"So, P'Beam, what brings you here? Are you a former campus moon?" I asked, wanting to change the topic.

He gave a dreamy smile,"No, I'm actually here to court someone."

The others groaned."Just give up, Beam. He's not interested. It's been a year."

A brunette rolled his eyes while flipping through a thick textbook,"I may be your friend, but I agree with them. Save yourself some dignity. The longer you wait, the more you'll be crushed."

"Why so bitter, P?" Ming asked smirking with one eyebrow raised.

"Well, nong, no one knows. I don't get kit, he has girls falling at his feet ,yet, no one has ever seen him in a relationship. You'd think that with all the temptation, he'd give in at least once, but no. That's why he's the medical faculty's perfect soon-to-be doctor." One guy with a blue engineering jacket said.

Kit rolled his eyes and closed the book, "I just don't see the need to have a girlfriend. It's a waste of time and money. I'd rather just wait for the right one than go from girl to girl. Plus, I don't want someone who whines when I'm too busy working. I just want someone permanent in my life."

"Well, Phi, at first I thought you were all here to support P'Beam in his courtship but you proved me wrong. So are you perhaps a moon? You certainly have the looks." Ming asked, genuinely curious.

"No, he's not. He could have been, though, but his best friend is considered more charming than this guy." Another engineering student said.

Annoyed, kit smacked his head with a book,"Would you stop answering for me? I have my own mouth you know! And if you must know, Beam dragged us all the way here just to see his lovely Forth and well, our other best friend forced us to come. He should be here by now. It's been a while since he went to the dean's office."

Wait a minute. Didn't P'Pring say that the former went to the dean's office?

I help up my hand, "Wait, so your other best friend is last year's campus moon?"

Nodding, he says pointing towards the entrance, "He's right over there."

The door swung open to reveal a tall, handsome man with the medical faculty's logo on the tie.

You could practically see hearts being sewn on the girls' eyes and the guys blinking as they sense danger.

"Good morning, nongs. I'm Phana second year med student, last year's campus moon. I hope we all get along well this year," he says with a smirk.

His words are inviting but the glint in his eyes tell me otherwise.

Those heart eyes are going to be ripped to pieces and tears will be shed.

______________________________________

Well, I'm finished with my exams so why not? Nothing cures mental wounds better than BL, right? Hehehe. This is also a way for me to improve my writing skills.