Nineteen

-time skip of 5 years-
Love is sweet, yet more as fresh fruit than candy or confectionary. Love is colourful, yet more as summer blooms than the neon lights of frenetic city streets. Love is steady and forgiving, yet more as the wise mother than the servant in chains. Love hears and speaks with the wisdom of the heart, with a sense of the soul of the other. In love we have our "forever home" and it gives us the ability to fly so freely, joyfully returning when each heart calls for the other's touch.
Isn't it funny, that if I had made a different decision I wouldn't be here now? If I had put a different answer on that sheet back at university, my fate would've been written in different ink. Because if I was sat here in a different universe, without jimmy by my side, I would have never become the person I am now or be able to experience these amazing moments with him. Jimmy Donaldson, Mr Beast, whatever you want to call him. All that matters is that I have finally found someone who makes me feel how every girl has ever dreamed of feeling, like I have finally found the person meant for me the person that made me feel like I am in a romantic film, finally getting her happy ending.
Only once in your life, I truly believe, you find someone who can completely turn your world around. You tell them things that you've never shared with another soul and they absorb everything you say and actually want to hear more. You share hopes for the future, dreams that will never come true, goals that were never achieved and the many disappointments life has thrown at you. When something wonderful happens, you can't wait to tell them about it, knowing they will share in your excitement. They are not embarrassed to cry with you when you are hurting or laugh with you when you make a fool of yourself. Never do they hurt your feelings or make you feel like you are not good enough, but rather they build you up and show you the things about yourself that make you special and even beautiful. There is never any pressure, jealousy or competition but only a quiet calmness when they are around. You can be yourself and not worry about what they will think of you because they love you for who you are. The things that seem insignificant to most people such as a note, song or walk become invaluable treasures kept safe in your heart to cherish forever. Memories of your childhood come back and are so clear and vivid it's like being young again. Colours seem brighter and more brilliant. Laughter seems part of daily life where before it was infrequent or didn't exist at all. A phone call or two during the day helps to get you through a long day's work and always brings a smile to your face. In their presence, there's no need for continuous conversation, but you find you're quite content in just having them nearby. Things that never interested you before become fascinating because you know they are important to this person who is so special to you. You think of this person on every occasion and in everything you do. Simple things bring them to mind like a pale blue sky, gentle wind or even a storm cloud on the horizon. You open your heart knowing that there's a chance it may be broken one day and in opening your heart, you experience a love and joy that you never dreamed possible. You find that being vulnerable is the only way to allow your heart to feel true pleasure that's so real it scares you. You find strength in knowing you have a true friend and possibly a soul mate who will remain loyal to the end. Life seems completely different, exciting and worthwhile. Your only hope and security is in knowing that they are a part of your life.
I finally stand up from looking out the window and head over to the dressing table adding the finishing touches of jewellery. I smile to myself at my reflection of all white when I hear a knock on the door, signalling it's time. I take a deep breath and make my way over to the door.
"Wow Katie you look beautiful." Chandler says causing me to smile at him.
"Not to bad yourself chan chan." I say as he is wearing a black suit with a whit shirt and a baby blue tie. He just smiles and offers me his arm to wrap ours together. I do so and we are on our way. After a couple of minutes of walking we finally get there; through the doors I can here the faint chatting and music.
"You ready Kitkat?" He says giving my arm a squeeze.
"Never been so ready for anything." I say as I take one last deep breath as I start walking again. I see Isabella and close friends already done their part and they are only waiting on me and chandler. The music changes to one me and jimmy both love and the doors open. I see white and baby blue petals scattered on the floor, jimmys figure at the end his back facing me. Everyone's attention is on me watching my every move, I put one foot in front on the other and the distance between me and jimmy slow closes. When we arrive jimmy turns around and I see tears in him eyes causing me to smile, Chandler gives me on last hug as he goes to join the others.
"Hey baby." I whisper to him while wiping away his tears.
"Hey." He chuckles, trying to stop the tears.
-skip to the vows-
"Katie, I knew from the very moment I laid eyes on you that you were my forever. Someway, somehow, I was determined to make you mine. And from this day forward my heart is entirely yours....
As we continue to grow in our lives together, I promise to give you all of my words when needed, and to share in the silence when they are not, to pick you up if you are down, to love you unconditionally, to lay my bare skin on you when needed most, to care for you and our families for as long as we live, to adventure with you always, to say I love you before falling asleep each night, to be the best mom I can be as we grow a family together, and to always know in the deepest part of my soul, that when challenges arise we will always find our way back to one another.
Katie, you are my everything and this is my promise to you."
I let tears flow from my eye but still trying not to ruin my makeup as I reach to Isabella for my piece of paper with a shaky hand.
"I vow to make you happy, to make you laugh, and to always be there for you. You are the first person I want to see in the morning and the last at night. I look forward to loving the smallest moments, like your eyes while you toss your hair. Spin a coin into a fountain and make a wish for us. You are my wish come true.
You are my other half. You are the one that makes me laugh when I'm sad, makes me consider when I want to be rash, and finds me when I am lost. I vow to make my life forever yours and build my dreams around you.
I promise to be the women that I see now in your eyes, today, tomorrow, and for always.
I promise to be there to catch you if you should stumble and fall in love with you every day. Jimmy you are my everything and I'm planning on keeping it that way." I say with a big smile on my face as every word is true and everyone here knows it. I look around and I see multiple people wiping their eyes, so happy for us...
Mr and Mrs Donaldson aka Mr and Mrs Beast.

Not edited

Ik this is horrible and I didn't want to end it but I couldn't find time to update and things to write chapters about. This is the end for now maybe I will add more chapters at some point. I just want to say thank you so much for 7k on my first book, that's insane to me and it might not be much compared to other books but that loads to me. I love writing this book and I'm sorry about the ending I just didn't want to keep you waiting any longer so it isn't as good as I hoped.
One last time (for now)...
PEACE ✌️