Prologue - Potential Allies and Enemies

"I will take her, My Love. You know how they are regarding men," Aria said.

Vulko nodded. "Very well. Safe travels My Love, My young Princess."

Aria turned to the thirteen-year-old Aurelia. "Ready? It will be a long swim, just forewarning you."

"That's okay, I love swimming!" The young teen grinned.

Aria smiled. "I know."

"Where are we going, Aria? Atlantis?"

"Not Atlantis." Aria began wading out into the water, Aurelia following close behind. "But to a far-away island, home to another race of superhuman beings: the island of Themyscira."

---------------------------

"So this is her then?" Queen Hippolyta of the Amazons of Themyscira regarded them through narrowed eyes, hand on the hilt belonging to the fancy sword at her belt. "The highly controversial half-human child of Queen Atlanna?"

"Yes," replied Aria, her tone much warmer. "This is Princess Aurelia, heir to the throne of Atlantis."

"You don't resemble Atlanna very much," the Queen remarked, eyeing Aurelia, as though this were something the girl could control.

This snapped Aurelia from her trance - she couldn't believe she was surrounded by real-life Amazons! Her dad had bought her various books on mythology, and she had read lots about the all-female Amazon warriors.

The young princess turned to Aria, who gave her an encouraging smile. Aurelia then turned back to the Amazonian Queen. "I look more like my dad, Tom. He's a lighthouse keeper in Maine. He's the coolest dad. I'm a big fan of you all, by the way. I've read a lot about you. You knew my mother?"

"Yes, I did. We had an alliance of sorts. She was very kind and generous, Queen Atlanna. Very genuine."

"I wish I remembered her better."

"Aurelia, it was her wish that you train with the Amazons as well as Vulko and I," Aria explained.

Aurelia felt her eyes grow wide. "Really?!" Coolest dad, and coolest mom too!

"Yes." Aria nodded, smiling at the princess's obvious excitement at the idea. "She wanted you to train as much as possible, and in as many areas of combat as you can."

"Why?"

"She was looking out for you."

Feeling a surge of confidence, Aurelia turned back to the Queen. "Can I? Oh please, please can I train with you?"

The Queen's expression did not falter. "Atlanna was a great woman. A good ally and friend. She took great risk in allying herself with us. I will do this for her." She turned to the blonde woman wearing dark armour standing at her side. "Antiope, take Princess Aurelia to the armory. Show her around. She has a lot of preparing to do."

(Hello and welcome back! Here it is, the (long-awaited) sequel! Adding in this prologue was a last-minute decision and will connect to events later in the story!

Thank you so much for reading (and waiting patiently for this) and I hope you enjoyed! :) And, once again, welcome back!)