No Other Way (Love you pt.2)

"Hey, look at me.", Tony said, eyes desperately searching for Peter's eyes. "Dad... no please no", his voice was raw from all the shouting, his lower lip trembled as tears were rushing out of his eyes. Steve and Natasha were trying their best not to cry for Peter's sake.

       "Hey, It's alright. I'm proud of you and I love you, okay. Make sure you know that. I love you.", he tried his best to smile. Peter was sobbing but still trying to say something.

       "I love you t-,"

BANGG

———————————————————

Peter closed his eyes as he flinched and covered his whimpers with his hand. Tony... his father-figure was now dead. He continued to sob until he heard Steve called his name and he slowly opened his eyes only to meet with Tony's wide and terrified eyes. The bullet had passed inches away from his head and collided with the wall. Everyone was stunned and confused but relieved that Tony was still alive.

      The man tilted his head to the side as he looked at Tony and Peter. Nobody spoke for a solid minute.

"Interesting...aren't Stark men usually don't do emotions? You really love him, huh? Hmm... interesting. Things are getting more exciting than I expected.", suddenly out of sudden he drew out another gun, a tranquilizer and shot at all of them and everything went dark.

———————————————————

Tony woke up only to find himself in some sort of tank. His hands were chains to the floor so he only could crouch. He blinked his confusion away as he remembered where he was. His heart fastened until he saw Peter in a similar tank across of him.

He watched as the boy stirred and quickly sat up, eyes wide looking around frantically until his eyes met with Tony's.

They both were about to say something when the man from before walked into the room with the same creepy smile he wore when they first met.

Usually, Tony would throw the rudest remarks he had ever known but he knew that if he did that, Peter would highly likely get hurt, so he just bit his tongue. He just realized that Natasha and Steve were nowhere to be seen in that room. "Where are my friends?", he carefully chose his words.

    "Oh don't worry. They're still in the cell. I only need you two for now.", he said. Tony could see the dangerous glints in his eyes and he looked back at Peter, silently reassured him that he would get them all out from here. "What do you want from us?", Peter shakily asked for the first time since the man came into the room.

"I want to play a game. Those tanks are going to be filled with water and if you look up, there are three buttons. The red button will stop the water for the other tank but will make your own tank fill with water faster. The blue button will stop the water in your tank and make the other tank fill with water faster. The green button can only be pressed only by the person who presses the red button first. It has the same function as the blue button. But to use the buttons, of course, you need to get yourself out of the cuffs", the man explained and Tony knew what the boy was thinking when he saw the determination on his face.

"Now let the game begin! Who will survive? The great Iron Man? Or his precious little son?", without waiting any second, the man pressed a button from a device in his hand before leaving the room and water started to pour slowly into the tanks. Tony and Peter looked at each other for a split second before quickly trying to get rid of the cuffs.

The next few minutes were full of groaning and struggling as the water was now at their chest level. Peter was the first one to break the chains because of his enhanced strength. "Peter! No!", Tony shouted at the same time as he pushed the red button and immediately the water in Tony's tank stopped rising but the same thing couldn't be said to Peter's.

"Break the tank! Break the tank!", he screamed as he kept on tugging the chains aggressively under the water, ignoring the pain when he managed to get cuts on both of his wrists with the cuffs. Peter punched the glass with all his might but it wouldn't even crack and he was getting from all the struggling.

Peter was panting hard when the water had reached his chin and he had to lift hid head up to breath. "No! Peter! Push the green button! Push the green button!", Tony said when he saw how close the boy was from drowning. His eyes were burning and soon tears started to make its way down his face as he continued to desperately struggle against the cuffs. Peter laid his palms on glass tanks and looked straight into Tony's eyes.

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry, Dad. There's no other way. I love you, Dad. I really do.", he stuttered and that was the last thing Tony heard before he was completely drowned in the tank. He watched as the boy clawed at his chest and throat as his lungs were burning without the oxygen. He watched as the boy's movements became slow until he stopped.

Tony screamed. He shouted and wailed loudly in the tank. He didn't hear the explosion outside. Not until the door to that room blasted open and revealed the War Machine and Captain America.

Steve didn't wait any second and started to slam his shield on the tank. Rhodey on the other hand quickly made his way to Tony. "Cover your face!", he warned before he blasted the tank and broke the chains. It took Steve four strikes of his shield before he managed to break the tank and dragged the unconscious boy out.

"He's not breathing but still has a low pulse", he said when Tony kneed at his side. "What are you waiting for? Give him CPR, Steve!"

"Wait! No, let me do it. Steve is too tired to control his strength. He'll make it worse", Rhodey said as he pushed Cap sideway and began the CPR. Tony was trying so hard not to cry but it was hard when the kid who he had considered as his own was literally dying right in front of him and for what? For saving his life.

He saw Nat, Clint, Sam, Bucky, and Wanda came running g from the corner of his eyes but stopped once they passed the door. "Is that him? Tony's kid?", the archer asked which the Widow nodded as she tried to control her own tears at bay. Wanda was staring wide eyes as tears slid down her face.

After what felt like years, Peter gasped, throwing up all the water inside his lungs. All of them let out their breath and Tony quickly pulled him into his embrace. "Is everything alright now?", he asked, his voice was low as he pushed his face into Tony's chest for comfort.

"Yes, everything's fine", he said as he kissed Peter's forehead, his kid, and tightened his arm around the boy's small figure.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's note.

This chapter was based on an irondad fanfic that I'd read once but I couldn't remember who the writer was. Anyway, I'm sorry for all the errors because I didn't really check before I published it.

But if you like this chapter, please feel free to leave a vote and comment.

Your Author,

FaneLothaire