Dueling with Gwen

So sorry for not updating in like a month or too! Please don’t be mad! So here it is!

James Potter and the Triwizard Tournament

Chapter Ten:  Dueling

Strai’s Pov.

“I was sitting in the common room minding my own business and resting my injured ankle when this evil girl came in and started provoking me. I was not going to stand for the stuff she saying after engaging in a very intense duel… I kicked her ass.”

“Strai!” McGonagall scolded. “You both have detention.”  

Gwen gasped and stood up, “What? I can’t have detention! I have never had it before! You haven’t even heard my side of the story yet!”

McGonagall looked at, “Ms. Thomas, I have a feeling it will be a lot like Strai’s. Just rearranging and less swears.”

This time I gasped, “I swore once!” she looked unamused. “You professor are an a—“

“Strai!” James yelled.

“Antelope.” I finished. I glared at James. “I would never call my elder such a horrible word like you were thinking.”

He exclaimed, “But you called me that the other day!”

I looked at, “Are you my elder? No, you not. Unless there is something you want to tell me like your immortal or an old guy in disguse.” My eyes widened.  “Professor I think I made out with an old person!”

Gwen to gasped, “Me too!”

James glared at me and I smiled innocently back at him. “All of you back here for detention after dinner.” She said and made us leave the room.

Walking back to the dormitory with Gwen and James was really awkward. So instead of watching Gwen shamelessly flirt with my ex-boyfriend I decided to go back to the duel.

*Flash back*  

“Make sure to rest and don’t do to much activity—“

“Lily—“

“Don’t put too much pressure on it—“

“Lily Potter—“

“Don’t walk whatever you do—“

“LILY LUNA POTTER SHUT UP I AM TRYING TO SAY SOMETHING!” I yelled. She stopped talking and looked at me. “Seriously I am fine. I have gotten tons of sprains. I will live. It’s no big deal.” I waved off.

“No big deal? Strai you almost died! Do you not see how serious this?” She questioned.

“No, I really don’t.” Apparently that’s not the answer she wanted. “Okay look, I didn’t die it’s fine.”

“Strai if you had gotten bitten or looked into the baskalic’s eyes you would have died.” She said her voice shaky.

“But I didn’t. I’m fine.” I reassured her. “Seriously, I have had several near death experiences. I have survived all of them.”

“But what happens when you don’t survive on one them? You’re not indestructible Strai. Even Dumbledore and Nicholas Flamel had to die.” She said on the verge of tears.

Her and James both had the famous Lily’s eyes. “You remind me of James.” I said. The thought of James at that moment had made my heart swell. “Your both compassionate, sweet, smart, and are always worrying about everyone instead of themselves.” I smiled looking at her, I wiped away her tears. “Just like your dad too.”