Chapter 9

Gajeel P.O.V

I paced my small room as I waited for everyone to get ready. The hagraven had finally spit out Ivan location after about an hour, and gramps was sending a small squad. Natsu, Erza, Lily and myself would be going. It took every fiber in my being not to run out the door right this second to go after her. I blamed the moon for my frayed nerves, but I could tell deep down, that wasn't it.

"You keep pacing and you'll fall through to the first floor." Lily said from the door but I ignored his jibe. " Are they ready to go yet?" I snarled. Lily raised an eye brow as he watched me. " Nearly. I understand that she was your partner, but no need to be hostile. We will get her back." I turned a glared at him but I didn't speak. Why was I getting so hostile? Lily suddenly smiled. " I see..." I snorted. "See what ya old cat?"

He chuckled as he walked towards me. "You don't even realize it yourself yet..." I snarled. "I don't have the patience for games. Spit it out or get out." He shook his head lightly. "She's your mate. The wolf in you can sense it." I frowned at him. " I barely know the Shrimp." I grumbled. "It doesn't matter. When a wolf comes in contact with his mate he can sense it on a instinctive level. We are the same way." He smiled again while I scowled at him.

The Shrimp my mate? I thought. But, as I thought about it, things made sense now. Her scent that called to me, how every time she laughed or smiled my nerves would light up. Her very being called to the beast within me. I chuckled softly as I ran a hand through my hair. "Even more reason to get her back." I glanced at the window where the sun was slowly approaching the horizon and frowned. "We need to leave, now."

Levy P.O.V

I paced around my small cell, growing more nervous by the second. The other door in the cell was locked so I had no chance of getting through it, so I was only left with my thoughts. How would he use me? It didn't make sense. My powers were part of me, it flowed in my blood and made me this way. I paused in my pacing and gasped as it hit me.

He kidnapped me on a full moon, the one night a month when all magic was at its most powerful, and all binds on a supernatural form were released.

He was going to drain me of my blood, and drink it.

I felt nauseous at the thought, and before I could think of an escape plan, the locked door opened. I backed to the other end of the cell but ran into a scaley hide. The Shadow Stalker grabbed my arms and I tried to kick out but it was no good. Curse my tiny frame! " I'm getting real tired of you lizard bastards." I spat as it carried me away but I didn't stop thrashing. It carried me into a large open room that held what looked like a small alter in the center, beneath a glass ceiling. At midnight the moon would be in the center of the ceiling and allow the light to be let in.

Ivan was there, with the smile of death on his face as he watched me struggle. He had a large leather bound book in his hands and he began to read it out loud. It was an ancient demon language, one that not even I knew, and I could feel the magic beginning to swell in the room. I let out a gasp as I felt it latch on to my being, almost like a parasite and all the fight left me.

Ivan smirked as he continued to speak and motioned to the demon holding me. It chained me to the stone table and I tried to pull against them but it was no use. The alter I laid on slowly lifted me into an upright position and I sagged against the chains holding me up. I tried to run through any spells I might be able to use, even a preternatural like myself could use simple spells on a full moon.

Then it hit me.

I glanced at the cuffs on my wrist and smirked lightly. I remember a spell Lucy showed me, I had forgotten my house key at the guild, and she showed me how to unlock the tumbler in the nob. A run in with the law a short while after that proved that the same spell could unlock handcuffs, and if luck was with me, it could undo chains as well. Before I could act Ivan finished speaking and stepped closer to me, and I had to weakly lift my head so I could see him.

He pulled out a grisly looking knife and I tried to swallow past the knot in my throat. I gasped as, in a lightning quick move, he sliced the skin at the base of my neck. It was so fast that I didn't feel the pain at first, but as the blood started to flow the wound burned. I bit back a whimper of pain as they moved a basin in front of me. I was lifted in such a way that the blood from my neck flowed easily into. "If it were up to me I would just sink my fangs into that pretty neck of yours." He sneered, tracing a finger down my throat and I spat at him. He frowned, "But rituals must be followed to the T." He muttered.

I kept my eyes locked on his as I focused on my magic. He had cut me deep enough that I would probably black out in ten, fifteen minutes tops. I held my right hand as if it was holding a key and focused, slightly turning it this way and that, hoping he wouldn't notice the miniscule movements of my hand. My luck ran out just as I nearly unlocked the chains. Again in that lightning fast movement, he had used that knife to pierce my right hand and I screamed, instinctively trying to pull my hand away, but I was pinned to the table.

He smirked at me as my vision swam, the wound in my hand now making me lose blood twice as fast. I probably only had a few minutes before I blacked out.

A new sound echoed through the room, coming from somewhere ahead of us. A loud snarl, the sound of flesh ripping and bones crunching. Ivan frowned as he turned towards the door just as it burst open. The biggest wolf I had ever seen stood there, his teeth bared and his black fur slick with blood. His normal crimson eyes, gold with moon madness. Before Ivan or his demons could attack him the glass roof above shattered, letting in two winged figures.

They landed behind the wolf, knowing he was too focused on the prey before him. The fairy queens eyes widened as they landed on me, but before she could move, the demons were on them. With Ivans attention elsewhere I focused all of my energy back on unlocking myself. The black wolf lunged forward, easily tearing into the demons. Normally a werewolf would be focused on the flesh in front of them, but there was a very large bowl nearly full with fresh blood only feet away.

I bit back a whimper as the chains gave way but I stayed attached to the table with the knife in my hand. I reached up and ripped it free with a cry before sinking to my knees. I looked up to see a glaring Ivan, but he had no choice but to retreat as the mad wolf came charging at us. I couldn't move as Gajeel came running with his fangs bared, I was lucky if I could keep my eyes open. As he drew closer I opened my arms, allowing the werewolf to slam into me. His jaws clamped onto my left shoulder and I nearly blacked out from all the pain. Slowly the form in my arms shifted, and Gajeel gasped, his body shaking slightly as he came down from the madness. I smiled weakly before turning my eyes back to the fight before us. I tried hard to stay awake, but the darkness closed around me and I let it.