Chapter 3

Levy P.O.V

We left the masters office and headed back downstairs, I couldn't help but glance over at the wolf beside me. There was something about him that I couldn't put my finger on, something that told me he was different. I shook it off as we walked down the stairs. "Here at 8 tonight?" I asked as I looked up at him. He glanced down at me before simply grunting and I frowned slightly. " Levy!" I looked up to see Lucy waving me over from our table and I smiled. I glanced at Gajeel one last time before walking over to her.

" Hey Lu." She gave me a wide grin and i frowned slightly. "What?" She giggled. " What did the master want with you and the hunky wolf?" I flushed slightly but shrugged it off. " He gave us a mission. We are leaving tonight." I told her, trying to get rid of the heat in my cheeks. "Good luck Lev," she wiggled her eyebrows and elbowed me. " Damn it Lucy..." I groaned as I stood up. I said goodbye before heading out of the guild, nearly running into a woman with long scarlet hair in old fashion armor. She had long translucent wings stretching down her back.

" Pardon me Levy." Erza said with a smile and I grinned. "Sorry Erza, I wasn't paying attention." She nodded as she looked into the guild. " We have a new member?" She asked and I turned to see her looking at Gajeel. He was sitting at the far corner talking with Juvia, and something in my gut twisted but I shook it off. " Yeah, his name Gajeel Redfox. Werewolf. I'm actually getting ready to go on a mission with him." She nodded again. " I won't keep you then. Be careful out there" I nodded before heading back out to the street. My apartment was an easy ten minute walk away, and once there, I began packing.

Gajeel P.O.V

After I had sat at a far table and caught up with an old friend, Juvia, I saw the Shrimp leaving the guild. Something tightened in my chest once she was out of my sight but I shrugged it off. " Shouldn't Gajeel be getting ready for his mission?" Juvia asked and I snorted slightly. " Iv got everything I need woman. Don't have anything else anyway." I grumbled. I had been living a hand to mouth lifestyle for years, and the only reason I had clean clothes was the old man. I huffed slightly as I leaned back in my chair, propping my feet on the table.

I hadn't realized I dozed off until tapped my arm. In the brief contact my strength left me, and it was unsettling. I started, my eyes flying open. That scent hit me again before I saw her, the scent of ink and sunlight, and something else. She giggled lightly at me as I nearly fell out of my chair and I scowled at her.

She was wearing army green jeans that tucked into knee high black biker boots, a white long sleeved shirt that hung off her slender shoulder and her sky blue locks were held back by a red checkered headband. " Morning wolf boy." She giggled again, and the sound made my gut twist again. " What shrimp?" I snarled and she frowned. " Time to go." She said before picking up a large backpack by her feet and slinging it over her shoulders.

I snorted softly before standing and stretching, popping my back into place. I followed after the small bluenette as she headed out the doors and down the dark streets. I looked up into the clear sky and saw the nearly full moon. Though it was still two days away, I could feel my blood boiling and the beasts thirst for carnage. " You gonna be alright?" Levys voice pulled me out of my stare and I grunted, turning my eyes back to the street. " Where we goin shrimp?"

She snorted,"It's Levy. And we are going to Hargeon, it's the next town over. There is a small orginazation there that sometimes partners with us. They're called Extalia. It would be a good place to start hunting down information." She stated and I nodded. " We should be there in about an hour by foot. I don't have a car." She continued and I snorted. " It's not a problem." I grumbled and she nodded.

As we headed out of city, the noise gradually faded and soon we were surrounded by the darkness of night, and the calls of the nocturnal animals. After awhile she started humming softly, swaying back and forth to her own tune. I watched her out of the corner of my eye, watching her every movement. From the sway of her hips, to the bob of her head and the slight skip in her step. I didn't know what the clench deep in my gut was, but I wished it would stop doing it every time I saw the small girl.

" So," she started. "You know Juvia?" I raised a studded eyebrow at her question as I crossed my arms over my chest. " Yeah. Met her about seventy years back." I said, still looking at her. Despite the dark I saw her face tint pink softly and I heard her heart pick up slightly. " She... Just a friend?" She asked quietly. I nodded, confused by her question. I thought I heard her sigh softly but she just smiled to herself and picked up her pace. I frowned slightly as I watched the strange bluenette. Most people I could resd, or tell what they were thinking, but the shrimp was different, she seemed full of surprises.

{Forgot to mention, but I will be writing the odd chapters (1,3,5..) and chello_8893 will be writing the even (2,4,6...).}