Chapter 14

~Levy~

The longer I spoke, the more shocked and angry Lucy grew. “I can’t believe Ivan’s nerve!” She snapped in Stelian. “He can’t just use Fairy Tail—and Gajeel—against you like that!”

“I know,” I sighed. “Lu-chan, I didn’t know what else to do other than research cures myself, but look where that got me!”

She put a reassuring hand on my shoulder. “Gajeel will come around. I’m sure he knows you were only trying to help. If you really are his mate, then there’s no way he can stay mad at you, right? And if he’s mad at himself still for hurting you, the time alone could be good for him. Let him work it out alone, then he’ll come to you when he’s ready.”

“I honestly don’t want to change him,” I told her, my chest aching at the thought of what Gajeel must have been thinking of me. “I want to cure his moon madness, then he won’thave to feel guilty anymore.”

“Well, how can I help?” She smiled.

“If we put our heads together and look through these books, I’m sure we’ll find something. And, I want to figure out a way of weakening Ivan. I know that Fairy Tail is strong enough to defeat him, but I don’t want to take any chances.”

“Right,” Lucy nodded, no longer speaking in Stelian. “Let’s get started.”

~Gajeel~

I sighed, pausing with my hand on the door of the guildhall. The week long job Mirajane had sent me on was pretty easy, but I was still glad to be home. Home. I snorted at the thought. I had never had a real home before. I hadn’t planned on ever considering Fairy Tail as my first one, either, but it had quickly become that.

I went inside, quickly scanning the packed room for Levy. She’s not here. I bet she’s still at the library. That annoying twisting in my gut reappeared, reminding how much of an ass I had been to her before I left. I wanted to apologize for yelling at her when she was only trying to help, but I wasn’t sure I was ready to face her yet.

“Welcome back, Gajeel.” My back stiffened at the sound of Levy’s voice, and I slowly turned around. She was standing in the doorway behind me, smiling. “Did your job go well?”

“Uh, yeah,” I nodded, “fine.”

“Good.” She fidgeted with the bottom of her white turtleneck, looking as though she were contemplating whether or not to say something. “Can we talk?” She finally asked.

“Now?” I figured she was going to give me hell for being an ass—or worse. Maybe she’d tell me she really didn’t want to be with me.

She nodded, meeting my eyes. “It’s important.”

“Fine,” I sighed.

She perked up. “Great. Follow me.” She led me outside and around the yard to the back of the guildhall.

“What are we doing out here?” I frowned.

“I didn’t want anyone else to hear me,” she said.

Great. Now I’m sure it’s going to be bad.

“I’m sorry,” she breathed, startling me. “I never meant to hurt your feelings by doing all of that research. I wasn’t trying to change you, and I’m not afraid of you or your moon madness. I know that it’s a part of who you are, and I wouldn’t change it for anything.” She smiled, immediately easing some of the tension I had built up while preparing myself for the worst.

“That being said,” she continued, “I am still mad at you for just leaving like that instead of talking to me. I hate that you blame yourself for what happened, and I don’t want you to feel guilty.”

“I—“

“And,” she added, cutting me off, “I think I found a cure for your moon madness.”

“What?” I gaped at her. “How?” When I first became a werewolf, I had searched endlessly for a cure, but hadn’t been able to find even a hint of how to do it. This is the Shrimp, though. If it’s written down somewhere, she can definitely find it.

“Lucy helped me, actually,” she smiled. “I want to make this clear right now. I didn’t find this cure because of what happened. I found this cure because I don’t want you to have to go through that again. Since I’m your mate, I want you to be able to be happy, and not have to live in fear of the full moon every month. If what Lucy and I found actually works, I think you may not have to.”

“Why is this so important to you all of a sudden?” I asked. I was beyond excited at the thought of never going crazy during the full moon again, but I could tell there was more to Shrimp’s story. There’s another reason for her doing all of this.

“Like I said, I want you to be happy,” she smiled. Her eyes told me she was lying, though. I sighed, deciding to let the matter drop for now.

“So, how are we going to cure me?” I grinned.

“We have to wait until the next full moon,” she began. “Once the moon is up, I have to do the spell we found—Lucy is going to help me with that since her magical powers are a lot stronger than mine—and then we do a similar blood exchange to what Ivan tried.”

“No,” I said, my stomach knotting up at the thought. “There’s no way you’re—”

“It’s just a small little finger prick,” she reassured me. “After we do that, I’ll let go of you so shift, and then—“

“No,” I repeated. “Shrimp, I’m not going to risk you getting hurt again. If you let go of me, there’s no promise that I won’t kill you.”

“We’ll do the spell before that,” Levy sighed. “I’ll prick my finger, Lucy will do the magic part, and then I’ll make some kind of blood seal on your chest. Because of my powers, Lucy thinks the spell will be able to permanently get rid of the moon madness. If it doesn’t work, you’ll just have to hold my hand all night,” she added with a smirk.

“I’m still not happy about the shifting part,” I grumbled. If it doesn’t work, I could still hurt her before she can touch me again.

“It’ll be fine,” she smiled, touching my face. “I have a good feeling about this.”

I grabbed her hand and pressed her palm to my lips. Being with her after a week made me feel at ease, and I trusted her. “Alright. We’ll try it your way.”

“Good,” she chuckled. “Now, how about some lunch?”

{Isn't the wife so wonderful? XD}