Chapter 18 Bella's Attitude

Emmett cocks an eyebrow, “That's all you're going to say?”

“Are you sure you're not insane, and you just think you're a vampire?”

Emmett rolled his eyes, “No, I'm a vampire, alright, would you like me to show you?”

“How by turning into a bat?”

“No! Vampires are known to have super strength and speed. I can show you.”

“Okay, thrill me.”

Emmett smirks, he suddenly disappears from view and ends up on the other side of the meadow, then comes back. He lifts a tree trunk as if it weighed nothing and threw it. He's suddenly standing in front of Astrid again.

“So, what do you think?”

“I think that was pretty badass.”

“You're not scared?”

“No, why should I be? If you wanted to hurt me, you would have done it by now.”

Emmett steps closer to Astrid and puts his hand on her hips, “I could never hurt you, Sunshine.”

Astrid leans her head against Emmett's chest, “I know you couldn't,” She looks up at him and smirks, “Besides I'd kick your ass if you tried.”

Emmett throws his head back and laughs, “You probably could.”

“No, I definitely could,” Astrid says, still looking up at him.

Emmett looks down at Astrid then leans his head down and captures her lips in a searing kiss. He wraps his arms around her and lifts her. Astrid wraps her legs around Emmett's waist and her arms around his neck.

Eventually, Astrid pulls away gasping for air while Emmett continues to kiss down her neck, nipping her every so often. Astrid smiles, “You're not tempted to bite me?”

“As incredible as you smell, your blood doesn't entice me. But I do love your scent.”

Astrid pulls away, “What do I smell like?”

“You smell like flowers and ozone after a thunderstorm.”

“And wouldn't you know that I love thunderstorms.”

Emmett chuckles, “So since you're cool about me being a vampire does that mean you still want to go out with me?”

“Yes, Emmett, I do.”

“So, then you'll be my girlfriend?”

“I thought I was going to ask you?”

Emmett smirks, “Then ask.”

“Do you want to-”

“Yes, I would love to be your boyfriend,” Emmett says then kisses her fiercely.

Astrid laughs and pulls away, “That was easier than I thought.”

For the rest of the afternoon, Astrid and Emmett sit on the blanket and talk. Since Emmett doesn't eat, Astrid ate both sandwiches and the chips. As the sun started to set, they picked up everything and headed back towards town. When they got to Astrid's house, they sat in Emmett's Jeep for a while longer talking.

“Do you think your dad is going to get mad that you and I are going out?”

“No, he told me that he'd be fine with it if we did start going out.”

“Really?”

“Yeah, he trusts my judgment better than Bella's.”

“That's cool, are you going to tell him?”