Chapter 14 First Day of Fighting.

After lunch, Astrid goes to her Anatomy class and sits down at her lab table. A few minutes later Emmett walks in and sits down next to her, “Still pissed off?”

Astrid looks up from her book, “Oh, yeah especially after your douchbag brother talked to me after gym class.”

“No?”

“Yeah.”

Then Astrid went on to tell Emmett everything that happened. Emmett started laughing, “I told him to stop with all that stalker stuff.”

“So you knew?”

“Yeah, but he wouldn't listen to reason. He was convinced that he could get away with it.”

“Stupid ass. Well, I told him to stop or I'd tell my dad.”

“Good that's fucking creepy,” Emmett tells Astrid.

Astrid smirks and looks at Emmett, “Would you have done something like that?”

“Hell no, I like you but I'm not obsessed with you.”

“Good answer.”

At that moment class started and they stopped their conversation. After class Astrid and Emmett said goodbye and went their seperate ways. At the end of the day, Emmett met Astrid at her locker and from there the went to the parking lot got in Emmett's jeep and headed out to Port Angeles. But first, they stop at Astrid's house so she can get some workout clothes.

By the time they get to the MMA gym, Astrid is bubbling with excitement. They walk in and see all the fighters training. She looks around to see if she can spot the trainer from the fight the other day. When she does Astrid makes a beeline for him. She stands next to him quietly waiting for him to finish talking to one of the fighters.

He turns around and looks at her, “Can I help you?”

“Yeah, I don't know if you remember me from the other night? I'm Astrid Swan.”

He looks at her for a moment and his eyes widen in recognition, “Right, I remember you. The one that was yelling out moves to my fighter.”

“That's me.”

“Were you able to get your dad's permission?”

“Yep, I got it right here,” Astrid hands him the note. Mr. Matt Ryder reads the note. He looks at Astrid and raises an eyebrow.

“Your dad is Chief of Police in Forks?”

Astrid rubs her neck, “Yeah sorry he signed it like that.”

Matt chuckles, “No worries, Kid. How about you come back tomorrow and we'll see what you can do.”

“How about today, I got my stuff right here.”

“Why not. The changing room is over there.”

Astrid goes and changes then comes right back out. She's already wrapped her hands and wrist and has her own MMA gloves. She walks up to Matt he looks her over and nods, “Alright why don't you warm up then I'll have you go up against one of my fighters.”

Astrid nods she starts stretching and warming up. Emmett in the meantime takes a seat on one of the benches. He watches in fascination as Astrid warms up. Astrid is then told to get in the ring and Matt sends on of his women fighters in with Astrid. She smiles at the other fighter, this was going to be easy. She hasn't fought a woman since she was 12.

Matt tells his fighter to take it easy on Astrid and Astrid shakes her head, “Give me all you got, because I won't hold back.”

The fighter looks at Matt and Matt shrugs, “You heard her go all out.”

They ring the bell and the two girls begin circling each other. Sonia, the girl that Astrid is fighting, kicks Astrid in the face and Astrid smiles. She returns the kick making the other girl wince. Astrid almost immediately brings the fight to the mat and in no time Sonia taps out. Astrid lets go and shake her hand.

“Anyone else?” Astrid asks.

Matt calls two more fighters into the ring and they go at Astrid. The fight lasts a little longer but in the end, Astrid wins. Matt is thoroughly impressed. He sends in three more girls and they attack at once. It looks like they have the upper hand for a little while but Astrid still comes out on top.

Astrid smirks at Matt, “At least make it a challenge for me. I haven't fought women since I was 12.”

Matt's eyebrows raise, “Who do you normally fight?”

“Men, of course.”

Matt thinks for a while, “Alright, let's see what you got.”

Matt calls Carlos over. He's not a big guy but he's fast and very agile. Carlos walks over to Matt and asks him what he wants.

“Get it there and beat some humility into that kid.”

“Are you sure, boss?”

“She says she can handle it, let's see if it's true.”

“Alright.”

Carlos gets in the ring and the bell rings. He immediately leads off with a Superman punch to the head and it knocks Astrid down but she's up in an instant. They clash and start kicking and punching each other. Eventually, Carlos gets Astrid on the mat for a submission move but Astrid powers out of it and reverses it. Carlos does the same and they go at it again.

After a while, the bell rings and Matt stops the match. By this time a few of the other fighters have gathered around and been watching the fight. They were actually impressed with Astrid's fighting skill. Carlos shakes Astrid's hand and grabs them both bottles of water.

Matt gets in the ring, “You're good, Kid, need a little work on your footwork but I can definitely work with you.”

Astrid beams at Matt, “Great, how often do you want me here?”

“Everyday after school, can you do that?”

Astrid looks over at Emmett, “Em, can you bring me every day?”

The hulking man stands up and for the first time everyone in the gym notices him, “Yeah, no problem.”

Matt's eyes sparkle at the thought of having Emmett train with them. He walks over and introduces himself, “I don't suppose you'd be interested in training?”

Emmett smiles, “Nah, man, I'm a lover, not a fighter.”

Matt laughs, “Fair enough, big guy.”

Astrid trains with the guys for two more hours then go to the locker room to shower and change. After that, Emmett takes Astrid out to eat and they head back to Forks.

“That was just awesome. You are a great fighter,” Emmett tells her.

Astrid beams at Emmett, “Thank you Em.”

“Hey, why don't I take you to school from now on and then from there we can head to Port Angeles?” Emmett asks when they get to Astrid's house.

“Sounds like a plan to me.”

Astrid sits in Emmett's Jeep for a minute and stares at him. Emmett's brow furrows, “Something wrong, Astrid?”

Astrid takes a deep breath, “Fuck it.” She leans up and kisses Emmett on the lips, “Thank for the ride, Em, I'll see you tomorrow.”

Emmett smiles, “Yeah I'll see you tomorrow.”