Chapter 11 - An Afternoon With Him

Most of the day was uneventful.

I kept replaying the scene in my head, Taylor giving me the necklace, which I'm holding in my hand right now. Him kissing me, apologizing.

I smile.

Somehow this makes me remember all the good times we had, the good stuff about him. He sometimes purposely does something stupid and get in trouble just to make me laugh, just to put a smile on my face. I remember one time at school, he sat in front of me, he kept turning around to talk to me, his name got called. . . three times before he was finally sent to the principal, and each time his name was called he'd turn, face the teacher and say Sorry, teach. After a few seconds he'd turn around again. I felt guilty, and after last period I went to the office and waited outside. Once he got out, he looked at me and chuckled, and finally said I was trying to ask you to go out with me but looks like the teacher wasn't gonna let that happen. And to that I asked Are you asking me out on a date? Taylor? Taylor Caniff? And he nodded, and I replied If this is one of the dares you do with your friends to make someone feel bad about themself, you can just stop. I turned around and almost stormed out until he reached for my arm and pulled me back. He explained No, Shawn. This is me, I want to ask you out. Taylor Caniff wants you, not his friends. The guys don't even know about this, about us. I raise my eyebrow We've been dating for a week and now you're using us.And he asks Is there something wrong with that? And I shake my head.

And, that was our first date.

Another one came to mind.

Please please please? He begged, and I just shook my head. No, Taylor. I don't want to get kicked out of the airport. He got to his knees and pleaded me with folded hands, everyone was staring as the rest of the MagCon boys were either laughing at us or busy looking for their luggage. We were at the baggage claim area, the ones with the thing that goes around and Taylor asked me if he can sit on it and make one rotation, just one, and I declined. Please? I just want to see how it is. He begged again. I roll my eyes and just agreed. He leaped and joy shot in his eyes. If you get in trouble, I don't know you. I warn, and he winks. Roger that.

Someone knocks on the door.

"Yeah?" I say.

Lia opens the door with a small box bigger than her hand, and enters the room. She closes the door behind her and I sit up, she crawls on my bed and places the box between us.

"I bought you pizza." She smiles.

I look at the small box. That's the pizza? I thought. Is mom on a budget again?

"How much money did mom give you?" I chuckled.

"None." She smiled cheekily again. "I bought it with my money."

"Really?" I ask, surprised.

She nods. "Yup. Sorry if it's small, I can only afford four slices. "

"Why the sudden act of kindness, my sister?" I ask, and then I glare at her as soon as I think of possible reasons why she could be doing this. "What do you want from me? Do you need money? Do you have a boyfriend? Did you get suspended too? Are you expelled? Did you fail a test because that's really okay." And I gasp. "LIA, ARE YOU PREGNANT."

"Oh my god none of those are true." She groans.

"Then, why?"

"I just wanted to do something since you spent the day at home."

I look at the box. "Are all of them are for me?"

"Yup."

"Not happening." I say, opening the box. "We're eating. Two each, okay?"