Chapter 36 - See You Soon

[Picture: Graduation. Video: Never Be Alone - Shawn Mendes]

I stand in front of my mirror, looking at myself. My hair is neater than usual, pushed back with not one strand out of place. Thanks to my mom who did my hair and made me put on a little bit of concealer so I would look great in my graduation photos, thanks a lot.

"You're coming to the party tonight, right?"

"Maybe." I say. "After dinner with my family, I'll catch up."

"You okay?"

"I'm gonna be fine, I just have a lot in my mind. We're now graduating and the whole Taylor situation is still getting to me."

"Unwind, Shawn. Go take a couple shots of Vodka."

"No thanks." I chuckle. "Anyway, talk to you later, Ethan. Thanks for calling in."

I hear him click his tongue. "No problem."

With one final look in the mirror, I grab my bag and head downstairs. I still can't believe we're done with High School, I mean, yeah it was hell but it was fun along the way. We're finally doing this, moving on. We might not see each other again for a long time, but we vowed to meet up every summer while in college. Ethan said he had his track set on being a DJ, which was ironic because he plays the guitar, just the guitar. I never saw him being into beats and EDM.

"I'm in love with dance music." He explained. "I listen to it all the time, and I hate not being to produce it, not being to make my own. So I'm taking Music to reinforce that and go my own way once I know the basics and get the hang of the whole thing."

Up to this day I still don't get how DJ's do what they do, all I know is that it's pushing a lot of buttons and there are mixers involved. Sorry. But pushing that aside, I'd love to see Ethan perform live once he's successful. I want to go to one of his gigs and dance my ass off all night. I want to see him on the stage, jumping up and down to the rhythm of his own beat, his arms are up in the air, encouraging the crowd to keep going, keep having fun and have a good time.

Alison's following her parent's steps to Accounting, which, side-note: she absolutely hates. She says she has to 'try her best' and if she still doesn't find something to motivate her, she'll fail it on purpose and take a new major. She asked me if I would make her my manager when I'm touring, and as much as I love Alison, she's a train wreck. I passed her on to Ethan to be his manager, and they argued about it.

Jason is the black swan of the crowd, he still doesn't know what he's going to be doing after college. He says he'll just be a normal student and maybe get lucky and work for a company that pays him well. We all joked on how we're looking forward to seeing him take our orders in a Denny's.

And of course, there's Taylor, who has his heart set on posing for the camera, even though if it means giving up comfort food and eating healthy for the rest of his life, going to the gym and staying fit. He said he wants to be on runways where people will marvel on two things: him and what's on him.

I see Lia on the couch, staring blankly in front of her. I ruffle her hair. "You okay?"

She looks at me. "I'm gonna miss you."

"Aww." I coo. "I'll miss you too, Lia. But we'll see each other soon enough. I'll make time to come and visit you during Christmas, okay? But no promises. And also, I still have a couple of months before college."

She nods. "Okay."

I place a kiss on her forehead. Mom and dad come down the stairs, grabbing the keys and telling us to lock the house before getting in the car.