Chapter one

Video by Riza Shinozaki name Yurikago no uta
My own art

Everything seems to burn so I start screaming, as I hear a woman yelling at a man in the room. "Don't you dare take my baby! Leave my daughter alone!" After a couple moments her voice starts getting softer as someone takes me away from her. As I'm being carried away I realize that I seem to be smaller and unable to move, which causes me to scream more until I pass out.

I wake up again to a woman in her mid-thirties smiling gently down at me. "Hello, my little star, Hmmmm, Chise, that would be a wonderful name for a sweet baby girl. I'm Hiro Suzuki, I will be your mama until we find your forever home!" I blink up at the pretty woman in confusion 'Chise? Is that supposed to be my name? But my name is Charlie.'

***~~~Timeskip due to Wibbly wobbly timy whimey Stuff~~~***

*Chise is now three years old*
I wake up to Hiro-Sama bringing in a new girl who's screaming and crying. I walk up to her and ask to hold the girl to see if I can help calm her down. Hiro-Sama hands her over. "Hi there, little one. What is your name?" She shakes her head and just burrows into my side. I look up at Hiro-sama as she tells me the girl hasn't said a word to anyone yet.

She explains that she will be taking her up to the police station soon to see if she just got lost. "Can I come with you? She seems to like me, maybe I can play with her while you talk to the blue men." Hiro-sama thinks for a little bit and then nods. "Grab her some clean clothes and help her get dressed. We will go to the station after breakfast."

I nod and take the girl further into my room then help her up onto my bed. 'She fell asleep. How cute. I wonder if she prefers skirts or shorts? Hey, she has cat ears and a tail! Did she already unlock her quirk?' I shrug and start grabbing a, long sleeve light blue shirt with a cute bunny on the front, a baby blue skirt and of course some undergarments for the girl to wear. I shake her awake and place the clothes on the bed next to her. "Do you need help getting dressed?"

She nods and whispers, "Y-yes p-please. I don't think I can do it myself." I smile gently and chat while helping her get dressed, I notice she has a bunch of scars and dots all over her arms. The dots on her arms look almost like injection scars, while the scars on her torso and legs are long and some of them look recently healed.

"Do you know what your name is?" She looks down and shakes her head slowly. "Hmm, how about we give you a name. Mine is Kogane, Chise. Chise means ''little star'' and Kogane means "silver"." She tilts her head slightly to the right and says, " Is there a name that means kitten? Maybe, since you're helping me make a name my last one can be Tistar. Because your name means star and it can tie me to you!"

I giggle and smile and the girl. " Well, I believe Koneko means a child, a cat, so it means kitten. Would you like to be called Tistar, Koneko?" She nods happily and hugs me. We turn around as the door opens showing Mitsuki, or as I call her Miki-chan, one of the older girls. "Hey little Tenshi-chan, Hiro-San asked me to come grab you two for breakfast.

She also wants you to find her when you both are done eating." I nod and follow her, holding Koneko's hand to lead her to the cafeteria. "Hey Miki-chan can you tell Hiro-sama that today is a code pink, and no pain at all in my side!" She smiles sadly and nods heading off to find Hiro-sama to tell her about the scars on Koneko.

***~~~ time skip to the police station due to French toast~~~***

Hiro-sama takes our hands as we head into the police station, gently guiding us. I look over at Koneko and see her shaking, with tears in her eyes. I tug on Hiro-Sama's hand and ask to hold Koneko's hand instead. She notices Koneko shaking and lets go of my hand. I immediately grab Koneko's other hand and start humming "Yurikago no Uta"(Song of the Cradle). Koneko eventually calms down and starts to sing along:. "A canary sings a cradle song. sleep, sleep, sleep, child! Above the cradle the loquat fruits sway. sleep, sleep, sleep, child!" As we enter the station she stops singing but I continue humming.

We go over to the reception desk and as Hiro-Sama talks with the officer I start humming the song over again, trying to keep Koneko calm. She leans against me and yawns. Hiro-sama leads us away from the desk and has us sit down beside her on the chairs. "An officer will be out here soon to take your fingerprints Koneko, all they will do is have you put your fingers on an ink pad and then press them on a sheet of paper. Is that okay?" Koneko nods then reaches over to me, I grab her hand and smile lightly.

I see Hiro-sama smile out of the corner of my eye, as I start to sing "Under the big chestnut tree you and I are playing happily under the big chestnut tree." Koneko smiles and then we sing it again together. The officer heads towards us smiling and asks Hiro-sama something and she points to Koneko. While he talks to Koneko and gets her fingerprints I watch the TV in the corner. The newsman is talking about a medical science building had been burnt down in an undisclosed location.

No one seemed to know what caused the fire and there were unfortunately no survivors. I frown as they continue talking about it until Koneko grabs my hand again. She squeezed and seems to be shaking again. I crawl over Hiro-Sama and move Koneko into my lap and hug her tightly. She starts to sniffle and whimper, I stop patting her back and decide to pet her head and scratch behind her ears. She tenses up, but then relaxes and starts purring. I hear Hiro-Sama start giggling at Koneko's reaction and smile towards her.

"Your such a wonderful girl to help Koneko stay calm, Tenshi-Chan. If she doesn't have a family, will you be okay sharing your room with Koneko?" I nod eagerly with a bright smile, " Koneko can be my imōto and we can do everything together!" Hiro-sama chuckles and then points out that we don't know if she is younger or not. I pout the ask Koneko when her birthday is. "Um, I believe it is July 5th." I smile, "Hiro-Sama, does that mean she is older or younger than me?" Hiro-sama explains that since my birthday is June 3rd I would be the older sister.

Koneko smiles at me and we curl up next to Hiro-Sama and fall asleep. I wake up to Koneko talking to an officer as he helps take us back to the orphanage while Hiro-sama carries me. As soon as Koneko notices me awake she smiles and tells me that tomorrow we are going to find out what her quirk is and what all it does. Hiro-Sama says that we also will be having the doctor check to see if I might get my quirk soon.