22 : New New kid Part 2

Start from the beginning

He shrugged, "let them stare." His nonchalance wasn't very facilitative. My eyes bulged as we neared Jace's table.

"We can't go over there. I'm not talking to Jace," I pleaded.

Once more he shrugged, "don't talk to him." I groaned but continued behind Achilles, my hand in his.

"What's up," Achilles said the group of guys, basketball players I presume, seated at a circular table. "This is my girlfriend," he introduced, grabbing my waist.

I scoffed throwing his hands off of me, "more like mere acquaintance," I corrected.

"She's a friend," he tried.

"Associate," I finished.

"Rhiyanne, have a seat." I reluctantly took a seat beside Jace, it was the only seat available.

When the rest of the group commence to engaging in conversation, Jace took a chance talking to me. "Rhiyanne," he half whispered. I bit my lip trying to place my concentration elsewhere. His leg rubbed up against mine, I bit my lip harder.

"Stop bitting your lip," he demanded. There was a reassurance in his voice, if I didn't listen to him would happen not in my favor. Still, I continued bitting my lip.

"Ok let's take a walk," he said getting up, taking me with him. I took a hold of the table, but he was far stronger than I. It was surprising how little attention we brought amongst our selves.

He took me by my hand, dragging me out of the cafeteria. While all this was going on, the only question I could ask myself is why? Why was I being so passive, why was Jace going through these great lengths of trouble, and for what? The hallways were clear, people were either in their classes or at lunch. We stopped near a water fountain.

I looked at him quizzically, but took a seat on the edge of the fountain. He squatted down placing his hands on my thighs, looking up at me with his whiskey eyes. I looked away, shoving his hands off of me.

"Don't touch me," I say carefully.

"Why are you being so distant, what did I do to you," his voice held no emotion it gave away nothing.

I sighed, "I really don't want to talk about this. I'm not being involved with you anymore," I admitted.

"Why?" I began bitting my lip again, staring off into the distance.

"I told you to stop doing that," he said standing up. I bit my lip harder in spite of him.

His jaw clenched extremely tight, "are you going to talk to me," he asked, impatiently. Maybe it was time for it to be addressed, better than bottling it up.

"Ok where do I start. Basically I'm tired of this 'chase', that you seem to enjoy."

"What are you talking about?" He asked obviously frustrated.

"Listen, I'm talking, ok." His features softened at my seriousness.

"Well I'm sure you know how I feel, but I feel like you just ignore my feelings about you. It's like I'm running in circles, ending up in the same place as previous times. And when I try to accept the 'just-friends theory', you do something contradicting, to the point where that the thought of being just friends is demolished and replaced with something new. I know I'm wasting my time with you, but you know when you like someone you try to look past the bad. So I'm helping myself by just staying away from you altogether," I explained.

I avoided his eyes, taking a deep breath, "so that means, don't talk to me, don't come to my house, don't text me, just stay away." He stood up running fingers through his hair.