Our Reading Lists

In this chapter we'll introduce you to our Reading Lists

In this chapter we'll introduce you to our Reading Lists. So make sure to read the descriptions carefully before your submission!

MURDER - This list will feature murder mysteries, revolving around the investigation of a murder or series of murders. These stories usually involve a detective, amateur sleuth, or investigative team who work to uncover the identity of the perpetrator(s) and solve the mystery. Murder mysteries often contain twists, red herrings, and suspenseful elements to keep the audience engaged and guessing until the culprit is revealed.

COZY - This list will feature cozy mysteries. In cozy mysteries graphic content and harsh language are kept at a minimum, depicting things light and often humorous. They're ideal for easy reading, providing all the fun of a murder mystery without detailing dark themes. These books focus on quick-moving plots and character development, creating a comforting and enjoyable read.

AMATEUR - This list will feature amateur sleuths. An amateur sleuth tends to be a regular person who gets involved in a mystery. A variety factors such as distinct skills, personal connections or intuition help them find clues and solve the case. These stories are often relatable, as they are character-driven stories infused with a realistic tone and occasional touches of down-to-earth elements and humor.

CONSPIRACY - This list will feature conspiracies. A conspiracy thriller tells the story of a group of individuals collaborating in secret to accomplish a shared objective. Typically, the narrative unfolds as the characters discover a conspiracy, making them targets of those orchestrating it. These thrillers are usually fast-paced and filled with suspense, often featuring political or social themes.

A MYSTERY IN GENERAL - This list will feature general fiction within the mystery genre, showcasing stories that are a combination of three or more sub-genres of mystery.

NOIR - This list will feature noir mysteries that are dark, moody and gritty. A noir mystery features characters who are flawed, conflicted, morally ambiguous and often exhibit antiheroic traits. This sub-genre further showcases immersive settings, complex plots, and an unfiltered portrayal of humanity, often delving into the darker facets of society.

CAPER - This list will feature caper mysteries. A caper story is characterized by protagonists who commit one or more crimes such as kidnappings or robberies while outsmarting investigators. These stories typically express humor and levity, offering a perspective from the offender's point of view. The protagonists are often charming and motivated by understandable circumstances.