Chapter. 1: "Reject Of Society."

~ Y/N's POV ~

It was a normal night,
I'm sitting at my computer desk, reading creepypastas, like always.

Creepypastas are my escape from reality.

My personal favourites were Ticci Toby, Eyeless Jack and BEN Drowned. I also really like Masky, Hoodie and Skully from Marble Hornets. I wish they were real.. that would be so awesome.

It was 1 AM and my parents were asleep.

I want to go hangout by the lake.. but my parents will kill me if they find out I went out this late at night..

I thought for awhile until I decided that if I get back before 4, they'll never know I left. I grabbed my green hoodie and silently crept into the hallway. I put on my black sneakers, creaked the back door open and scurried down the small hill when suddenly the lake came into view.

See, that wasn't so hard!

I thought with glee and started running towards it. Before I knew it, was at the dock. I dipped my sneakers into the lake, not caring that both my socks and sneakers were getting soaked.

It was so calm.. nothing could possibly aggravate me here.. which was what I thought before I felt a force behind my back and fell into the lake.

The hell?!! Somebody pushed me in!

I couldn't swim due to my parents not bothering to give me swimming lessons, so it was difficult to see who did it, but when I finally got a good motion going, I realized it was the girl from my neighbourhood that likes to pick on me and to make it worse, she was with her dumbass friends..

They laughed and called me names as I started losing my motion. It was getting hard to keep my head above the water.

"Have fun drowning, bitch." They laughed. They were about to say something else rude and unnecessary, but they quickly shut their mouths when suddenly we all heard something speak,

"Ugh.. I hate people like you.." the voice sounded like it belonged to a male. It was terrifying, I was desperately trying to keep my head above water and the girls were panicking and frantically looking around for the source of the voice. Without warning, somebody jumped out from the darkness and hit them all down to their knees and before I knew it, they were being sliced and hit with what appeared to be axes or hatchets of some sort.

Their screams were a beautiful noise that I'll never forget. I almost laughed but failed to because I couldn't keep myself up anymore,

I was drowning.

I came to the conclusion it's either drown or be murdered by some stranger. I was so tired, it was so insanely difficult to keep myself up and to make it worse, I had gotten no sleep at all tonight due to me getting too carried away with reading creepypastas earlier. This was it, I was going to die. I closed my eyes and let the water sink me down, I was getting deeper and deeper and deeper.. I could've sworn I heard a splash as if somebody else jumped into the water but I never knew for sure because I passed out.

~ Time Skip: 4 hours ~

I opened my eyes, expecting to be dead, but once I looked around, I realized I was in my bed. How on earth did I end up here?! Was that a dream.. no, it couldn't have been, my lungs are in pain meaning that wasn't a dream. But.. since I no longer felt the water inside them.. that meant..