Chapter 12 - Speechless

Jeongin
_________

The next day

The day started off pretty normal, he had went to his locker, talked to Chan, nothing of the unusual. He walked to class with Chan, everything was good, until he ran into someone.

"Omg I'm so sorry!" He said quickly fumbling to pick up the fallen books on the ground. Chan squatting to do the same, "I'm so so so sorry, please forgive me! I should have been watching where I was going." Jeongin mentally facepalmed himself because it seemed all he'd been good at since he moved here was bumping into people in the halls.

"It's okay!" He finally met the face of the giggling stranger, she was beautiful to Jeongin. She had blonde hair and wide brown eyes that were just mesmerizing to look at, Jeongin found himself lost for words, especially with her wide smile showing her perfect teeth.

"Sorry, Jeongin does that a lot." Chan replied for the younger, the girl looked at Chan and nodded, "oh, me too! It's quite ridiculous how often this happens." Jeongin finally finding his voice looked down sheepishly, "I'm Yang Jeongin." With that he stuck out his hand to the girl who took it happily and gently, "Hi, I'm JinSoul."

This was JINSOUL???! Jeongins mind went blank, he was just staring without meaning too, thankfully Chan put a hand on his shoulder waking him up in a way, "I- I like you name!" Jeongin said a little too loudly, letting her hand go and standing up. "Uh this is Chan." He said motioning to the older who smiled, "it's okay Jeongin, JinSoul and I already know each other."

Jeongin couldn't help his face heat up, "oh! Uh... hah... I didn't know..." he looked down once again, not catching the wide smile on JinSouls face. How am I going to get Hyunjin and her, together if I can't even say a proper sentence to her???!! At this point Jeongin felt like dying. "Well, it was nice bumping into you Jeongin, literally. We'd better get to class before we get yelled at and I don't want that to happen, especially since you seem like such a good guy. I'll see you around." With that she waved at him with a smile and walked off, Jeongin speechless, Chan just staring at him.

"You good? You're really quiet." He asked worriedly, Jeongin couldn't help but just nod and start walking towards the classroom, saying goodbye to the older without a second glance. He made a beeline to his seat next to Hyunjin, who was, like usual, dead with his head against his desktop. He couldn't stop thinking about JinSoul and how pretty and nice she was, no wonder Hyunjin had a crush on her.

Like the other knew he was thinking about him, he looked up at Jeongin, "what took you so long? You barely made it on time and that's so unlike you? I mean I actually made it before you today and that so weird, it actually scared me." Hyunjin finished before giving him a worried expression.

Jeongin of course couldn't contain himself, "well... you won't believe who I ran into in the hallway" Hyunjin quirked an eyebrow before smirking, "when you say "ran into" I'm thinking you actually mean ran into, cause we all know with you it's literally." Jeongin felt his face get warm, looking away because the drawing on his desk seemed to be more interesting for no reason.

"Who was the poor victim today?" Hyunjin asked after a few seconds of silence, Jeongin smiled widely looking at him, like a little kid that was learning how to count and made it to ten with out a mistake. "JinSoul." He said, saying her name like she was a secret, he smiled a bit proudly. Until he saw the expression on Hyunjins face.

He looked, shook? Jeongin didn't really understand why he was making the expression he was making and it confused him, "oh... yeah... how was she?" Hyunjin asked slowly, looking at the pencil in his hand, twirling it around like it was the most interesting thing at the moment. "She was nice, I think you guys would be great for each other." Jeongin said with a smile, trying not to let his confusion show.

"Sorry Jeongin, it's just it's so weird that we were talking about her yesterday and BAM you see her, it's like she knew and I'm scared now." Hyunjin said after a minute, smiling at the end looking over at him, Jeongin felt himself giggle a little and shake his head, "it's true, I have to agree with you, it's a bit strange." He looked down at the paper on his desk seeing the word Exam in big, bold, italic letters.

He felt the biggest frown making its home on his face, he looked over at a chuckling Hyunjin who was just shaking his head looking at him. "What?" He asked sadly, mentally preparing himself for failure. Hyunjin shook his head with a smile spread across his face, "nothing, you're just, I don't know... really cute when you frown" Jeongin felt his eyes become saucers and heat spread all across his face, Hyunjin just shrugged, also with a blushing face and simply started doing his work.

Why does he always do that??? He says something like that and then he'll act like he never said it in the first place and it kills me internally because I lowkey like it when he says that stuff to me and he doesn't even realize or care about it. Jeongin looked at his exam sadly, sadly because he knew he was going to fail since he forgot all about the thing and because Hyunjin.

Like doesn't he know he's cute too but when he smiles, I doubt it but like I don't want to tell him cause that's just embarrassing and I'm not about that life. I'm going to fail this test and I'm going to blame it on him because he's just there, or is it here? Well whichever it is, he won't leave my poor small brain. Plus he's right next to me looking at the exam like it's some alien. Jeongin took a peek over at the older, who was just looking at his paper, I probably look exactly like that though...

Jeongin felt himself pout and look back at his paper, it's okay Jeongin if you think really hard maybe you'll remember something and you won't fail this test. With that he took a deep huff, ignoring all unwanted thoughts of a certain someone and started attempting the exam.

He needed to talk to someone.

Word count: 1104
______________________
A/N I'm alive and still loving StrayKids, I'm going to present a whole presentation of them to my class tomorrow and I'm kinda scared but I am going to be positive and think they're going to like the song I chose for them to hear(Maze of Memories)