goosebumps | transformed!asta x reader

Start from the beginning

As the cloaked adversary continues to block (Y/n)'s rapid attacks, I appear in their blind spot, ready to strike. I swing my sword upward, knocking them out of the air and into a tree trunk. (Y/n) uses her magic to create a safe landing for me. I send her a quick nod of gratitude before launching myself at our foe. Before I manage to strike them, he or she disappears before my eyes.

I hear (Y/n)'s warning from beside me, "Asta! Behind you!"

Turning around, I see the cloaked physique aiming a Dark Magic spell right at me. I ready my sword. The attack never comes. At the last second, (Y/n) intervenes with her Solar Magic.

"Solar Magic: Scorching Lance!"

The attacks collide with one another, canceling each other out.

"Woah, that was a close one! Thanks (Y/n)!" I smile.

"No problem."

The next few seconds were all a blur. The anonymous enemy creates clones of itself made of Dark Magic. The clones disperse, flying their separate ways. One of the clones dashed at (Y/n) who was exhausted from the mana she lacked. She was practically defenseless. The clone grabs a hold of her neck before slamming her into the ground.

"(Y/n)!" Noelle shouts from behind me.

Dammit.

My blood begins to boil at the scene before me. I'm unable to reach her in time as the original foeman approaches me. For the first time, they speak.

"You fool. Your weak defenses have no effect. This whole battle has been an insult to my time," a masculine voice interjects.

"Who are you anyway?" I growl, "What do you have against us?"

Rather than answering my questions, he flips through his grimoire and announces yet another spell. I slice through it with ease.

"I'll say it again. Who are you and what do you want?!" at this point, I've lost all my patience. I sense the ki of a clone from behind me. Without batting an eye, I slash through the clone. From the corner of my eyes, I see (Y/n) getting battered by a clone.

Damn, how powerful are these clones?

"You'll regret ever laying a hand on her," I hiss.

"You mean like this," the hooded man sends a powerful blast (Y/n)'s way, causing her to fly backward and into a giant stone. She was knocked out.

Just breathe, Asta.

Breathe.

Breathe.

Br- no, I can't.

I feel a burning sensation forming deep within me. It's the same as when I fought in the Witches' Forest. Right now, I can't control it. Seeing (Y/n)'s bloodied body on the ground gave me the urge to kill.

"That's it, you bastard," my transformation consumed my usual form, "I'll kill you!"

At that moment, I remembered something (Y/n) said to me the first time we met.

~Flashback~

"So, you wanna be the Wizard King, huh?"

"You bet! I'm going to prove that being a commoner doesn't make you any less relevant than anyone else. As long as you put your mind to it, you can do anything!" I pump a fist into the air enthusiastically.

(Y/n) chuckles at me before saying, "Now that I think about it, I don't have any goals. I guess I've just settled for an average kind of life. Joining the Black Bulls is my biggest achievement. If I kept this job for the rest of my life, I'd be satisfied, ya know?" she pauses for a moment, "It's refreshing to meet someone like you. You're full of so much positive energy, Asta. If only more people were like you."

My eyes broaden in shock, "You mean you seriously don't have anything you really want to achieve in the future? Absolutely nothing?!"

"Nope. Nothing. But I'll tell you what. I'll help you achieve your goal. Even though we've just met, I want you to become Wizard King someday. Even if it costs me my life, I'll see to it that your dream comes true," despite being my superior, she salutes me.

"W-wait, what?! You can't do that! I mean, yeah, I appreciate your help, but you can't seriously risk your life for me!" I stutter, waving my hands frantically.

"Listen, Asta. I have no goals, no family, no particular talent, and no intention of taking back what I just said. If I can't do anything for myself, then I want to dedicate myself to a different cause."

"But what about the Black Bulls? Aren't they like family to you?"

"True, they are. But you're a Black Bull now. If I die for you, then I'm dying for my squad. That's a death I can live with," she giggles at her play on words.

"Well, then I have a new goal."

"And that is?"

"I'm going to be Wizard King and keep you alive."

She's clearly shocked to hear this.

"Fine. But let's focus on the Wizard King thing for now."

~Flashback End~

Just like you, I have no intention of taking back what I said, (Y/n). You won't die. Not on my watch.

Your Point of View:

I woke up with broken bones, surrounded by a pool of blood. What's that ringing in my ear? My head feels like it's being crushed. I can barely move without feeling like my limbs are being yanked from my body.

There's a bright red flash flying around. But what is that? It's moving so damn fast.

I close my eyes to rest. The slow pace of my pulse tells me that I don't have long. If I'm going to die, I at least want to know how I got here. Where are my teammates? Where's Asta? Did they all leave me? Where am I? I open one of my eyes. This time, I notice a blob of white hair not too far away from me. Is that...Noelle? I think she's unconscious. Even if she were conscious, my fractured jaw wouldn't let me call out to her anyway. Another figure catches my eye, the fiery object in its hand indicates that Magna is the one in my line of vision. He's swinging vigorously at something, but what is it?

Again, I see that red flash in the sky. Is that a person? I'm unable to reach a solid conclusion as my eyelid droops down once more. I pass out...maybe for good.

...

I was awoken by someone rocking my shoulder.

"(Y/n), are you okay? (Y/n), please wake up. (Y/n)! Wake up!"

My eyes slowly open to see a kneeling Asta hovering above me. But he looks different....His strange appearance was enough to give me goosebumps. Half of his face had black markings and one of his eyes were glowing red. As my eyes trailed downward, I noticed that his whole arm was black, and he even had...a wing? What the hell happened while I was asleep?

"(Y/n)! Thank goodness you're finally awake!" his eyes glossed over as he lowered his head, "For a minute, I thought I'd lost you."

Like I said, my f*cking jaw is fractured, so I couldn't reply. I just groaned in pain.

"Asta, she needs intense medical attention. At this rate..." Magna's voice trails off into a soft whisper, "she'll die."

I saw Asta's eyes flicker in fear, "(Y/n), hang on tight, okay? Help is on the way," he assures me.

"That's...a relief," my breathing lagged, and my eyes got heavy.

"(Y/n)?!" I hear Luck's voice some distance away.

I blackout.

End.

Author's Note:

I hope this one was long enough to satisfy you for a while. (That's what HE said)

Word Count: 1,752