Chapter 3

Skylar's POV

4 am
"Skylar," I hear a voice hiss and a hand begins shaking me rapidly.

I pull my head up from the pillow and stare to the left of me at a blurry figure. "W-what time is it?" I question and all I get is a annoyed sigh in return.

"4 am. Now, get up and get ready for work!" She turns on her heel then head to the bathroom.

Sighing heavily, I rub my eyes then get out from the warm blanket over me and climb down the ladder of my bed. Even though it's 4 am, I've never had a better sleep than the one I just did. Concrete isn't always ideal for a good night's rest.

When I am on the ground, I see my uniform sitting on the table from where I had set it last night when I first got here. Since both girls are in the bathroom brushing their teeth and such, I quickly strip from my comfortable pj's, and into the uniform. I decide to put the heels on before I leave.

"You can use the washroom now," the girl who's name I don't know says as she starts to get changed and so does Lily.

I nod then hurry into the unattended bathroom where I close the door behind me. When I enter, there on the sink is a small box with my name on it. I open it and discover a purple tooth brush with toothpaste, a face wash the exact same to the rest on the sink, moisturizer, and makeup. I firstly wash my face, scrubbing it hard enough any leftover dirt and grime from yesterday is gone. Then, I apply my moisturizer and brush my teeth soon after.

When I've completed the whole routine to the best of my abilities, I head out of the bathroom and see Lily and No-Name already to go, chatting by the door.

"C'mon. We need to do your makeup before we leave!" No-Name says begrudgingly and I nod in response.

I sit down on a chair in front of them and they begin to almost literally paint my face. They put my shade of skin tone on my face with paint that looks like it, powdery stuff the same colour as the last and all other sorts of items I couldn't t keep up with. Finally, they apply bright red lipstick that matches theirs.

"You can look, I guess," Lily says and they both put away the makeup.

I stand from my chair and peer into the small mirror near the door. Wow, I look... different. Very, very different. My skin doesn't have small patches of red to it anymore, acne scars have vanished, my eyebrows are dark and defined, my eyes have never looked more amazing than now. And the undeniably visble red lipstick really tops it all off.

I almost feel pretty. Almost. These girls are much more beautiful than I'll ever be.

"Alright.." I hear Lily sigh. I whip around and see the two inspecting their nails, ready to head out the door. "Let's go." Both girl drop their hands, No-Name opens the door and I quickly follow behind the two.

In the maid and guard foyer, there are other maids leaving their rooms and heading towards the exit. Leading the entire pack is a slim black-haired woman. She seems to have brown eyes that sparkle with evil and a demonic smirk every time she peers back me.

After a few hallways and turns, we finally arrive at the kitchen. There are at least 5 ovens, granite countertops, big hanging lights everywhere and a humungous island in the centre of it all.

I slowly turn around, taking in all the beautifulness of this amazing kitchen, until I hear an, "attention ladies!"

The talking in the room quickly calms to low mumbles, then absolute silence.

"Alright," That black-haired woman I saw staring at me today announces at the front of the kitchen. She looks annoyed, as if she's with a bunch of children that won't listen. "Boss has requested we have this all done by 6am! It's buffet as usual today so get to your stations!"