By the time I finally got to Luke's house, it had been an hour and a half since I had gotten out of school. Luke came to the door, and even though he was ill, I smiled. His hair was flat, completely different from his usual quiff. He was wearing dark grey jogging bottoms, and he wasn't wearing a shirt, but he had a blanket draped over his shoulders. His nose was the lightest shade of red, and I found it really cute.

"Aw Luke, are you ill?" I asked him, even though I knew he was ill. I took advantage of his red nose and booped it, making him frown at me as he closed the door.

"No Caitlyn, I'm not ill. I just skipped school and painted the end of my nose red." he replied sarcastically. He was already walking up the stairs, going to his room. I followed, my school bag still in my hands. "And don't do that." he added.

"I did consider that." I told him, and then laughing at the last part. Luke got into his room and collapsed on his bed, spreading out and leaving no room for me to sit. "Move." I told him, nudging his arm. Luke shifted to the side, putting his arm out. When I looked at him for a while, he gestured for me to lie down.

After considering it for a while because he was ill, I ended up lying down anyway. Luke was lying on his back and I was on my side, his arm around me. Our legs were on top of each other's, and the blanket Luke had over him was now over us.

"How was school?" Luke asked. His voice was quiet, as he was only close to me.

"School was good." I told him truthfully, keeping my voice quiet like his. "There's a new girl, called Jasmine. We're friends."

"That's cool, is she nice?" Luke asked me, pushing a bit of fallen hair back from my face.

"She's really nice. She's smart too, so people are being idiots and teasing her. But I think she's nice, no one else is giving her a chance to actually see if she's nice." I replied.

"Yeah." Luke mumbled in response, twisting a strand of my hair around his finger. "Have you got any plans for the weekend?"

"Not that I really want to, but Ashton invited me to his party tomorrow. He kept pestering me, so I told him I would go. So yeah, I have plans. Do you?" I asked him, watching his face. It went from looking mesmerized at the strand of hair he was twisting to confused as he furrowed his eyebrows and frowned.

"You're not going to the party." Luke told me.

"I can do what I want Luke, so I'm going." I told him. I didn't say it in a nasty way; I said it in quite a nice tone because I didn't want him to get annoyed with me.

"You won't like it Caitlyn, and I don't really want you to go." Luke told me, dropping my hair and looking up at me.

"Ashton really wanted me to go, and to be honest, so do I. You can't control if I'm going or not." I told him, not keeping my tone as nice anymore.

"I don't want you going there, with loads of drunk people all over you. You don't even drink Caitlyn, so if you did you would be drunk straight away. Then you would be all over the place, and I don't want anything to happen to you." Luke told me.

"That's not going to happen, Luke. I'm going whether you want me to or not." I replied.

"Well I don't want you to but I know by now that you do whatever you want." Luke said, seeming pissed off now.

We spent the next hour or so in silence. We didn't sleep, didn't talk, didn't do anything. We just lay there, in silence. From the corner of my eyes I could occasionally see Luke looking at me. The only time we moved was now, when we heard the front door open. It was only 6pm; Luke's dad normally gets home a lot later. Luke sat up and so did I.