Chapter 4

Chapter 4

---

{DAY 2}

"Minx…wake up...you have to talk to me at London…Go! Wake up." Krism's voice echoed. 

Minx's eyes shoot open. She stands up quickly, looking around. She searches for Krism's company but remembers the tragedy that's happening around the world. She sighs. 

Minx begins to pack all her belongings. She zips up her backpack, throwing it over her shoulder. 

She drops down from the tree house.

Minx hears rumbling from the bushes. She aims her gun at the bushes, observing it. 

Animal? Minx thinks. 

"Please don't shoot..." An adorable voice spoke. Minx lifts an eyebrow. 

"Come out!" Minx orders. The person crawls out of the bushes. 

A young girl appeared. She had dark skin, similar to Krism, with a British accent, similar to Minx. Her eyes were dark brown but one was bleeding which made it turn red. She wore a purple sweater, with rainbows on it. Her pants were black and she wore red sneakers. 

"Please don't shoot..." The girl repeated, holding her hands up. 

"I...what's your name?" Minx asks, lowering the gun slightly. 

"L-Lilith. Lilith Ophelia." Lilith stuttered. Minx chuckles. 

"My fiancée and I planned on having a daughter called Lilith. You look just like her. Where's your parents?" Minx asks, placing her gun to her belt. 

"They're gone...they left me in the car and I heard shooting so I ran. I wanted to go to my tree house but someone broke my ladder and a man was dead on the floor. Then you jumped out." Lilith explained. Minx sighs. 

"How old are you?" Minx asks, stepping closer. 

"6. Today's my birthday...I'll be turning 7..." Lilith said, stepping back in fear. 

"Happy birthday." Minx commented. Lilith nodded. 

"Thanks...worst birthday ever..." Lilith sarcastically commented. 

"We should probably get going. Want to tag along? I'm heading to the quarantine. You can come with me if you want to." Minx said, holding her hand out. Lilith hesitated. 

"I...you won't hurt me right?" Lilith asked. Minx shakes her head. 

"Would never plan to. Don't worry. I'll treat you like I would treat my daughter." Minx says, smiling. Lilith nods, holding Minx's cold hands.