28

I don't think Felix is at school today.

I had a few shared classes with him and he didn't show up for any of them. Maybe he's using my trick and decided to skip all our shared classes to avoid me after messing up yesterday. But I saw Jangmi in the first break and she was alone, while she usually has Felix sticking to her like a fly to honey. I guess he decided to call in sick today and stay home, being hungover as hell after drinking all his pain away -as he said.

His absence makes things a lot easier though. Together with Minho's words this morning, it really helps me through today and I'm grateful for both things. It's probably better for Felix, too; I bet he would've spent the rest of his day with a bright, burning red handprint on his cheek if he would've had the guts to show up in front of me today.

I'm still mad at him for stealing my first kiss like that. When I was thinking about the ordeal during class, I caught myself realizing that I'm not mad because Felix kissed me, but because of the circumstances and the fact that he was drunk and maybe doesn't even remember that he kissed me.

It was a weird realization that caught me off-guard and I spent half of my Korean class to fight the fact that I was okay with my first kiss being Felix. But what's the point of denying it if every inch of my body agrees with it?

I just hope this doesn't mean what I think that it means because that would be really inconvenient right now. Because of that, I pushed it aside once Korean class was over and I have forbidden myself to think about it. I have better things to worry about now.

For once, it comes in handy that my mind is a huge mess; the unsettling thought quickly got lost in the chaos that rules my consciousness at this moment. But a small part of that restless feeling remains and it's probably going to haunt me later.

Maybe I should talk to Minho about it. That damned kiss really did something.

The urge to spill my thoughts is strong as I meet with Minho in front of my locker but for now, I decide to keep it in and we enter the cafeteria together. I already burdened him with enough this morning, I don't really want to bother him even more and ruin his lunch break at the same time.

Still, I feel like I have to talk about it soon. The thought would slip to my consciousness occasionally, igniting a slight sense of panic. Falling for my former best friend that hates me now is really the last thing I want. I'm smarter than to do that, only fools would do that.

Let's just blame it on the after-kiss confusion. Everyone would be confused, right?

It's perfectly normal.

"You're spacing out again, Min," Minho sighs, lightly flicking my forehead.

"I-I'm sorry," I quickly reply, rubbing my forehead after shooting him a glare.

The boy just grins as we approach our table. I glance around the cafeteria, looking for a familiar orange-haired figure to see if he's really absent or not. I find him nowhere, but I do see Jangmi, for once surrounded by her minions instead of glued against Felix like the parasite she is.

As we reach our table, Chan greets me with his usual warm smile but the familiar jolt of my heart isn't there as I take a seat next to Minho, opposite of the oldest. Well, so far for the warm and giddy feeling I used to get whenever Chan was around. All the good things only last for a short time, or so it seems.

It's frustrating.

Changbin is already busy eating, muttering a faint greeting with his mouth stuffed. I listen to Chan scolding him for being rude and laughter fills the table while I take out my lunch box. I was hoping that maybe lunch break could take my mind off things like it usually does, but the first few minutes weren't really productive when it came to that.

The boys are happily chatting away about everything; movies, games, complaints about their least favorite subjects and more. I just listen in silence, missing the biggest part of their conversation as I chew on one single bite of rice way too long. It turns into a dry, tasteless lump that's hard to swallow and suddenly, my appetite is just gone.

Changbin and Chan don't even seem to notice but of course, Minho does. I probably don't even have to explain anything to him later; I think he already knows. Minho always seems to know everything. I don't know how he does it but he's always been like that. I already said so a few weeks ago, before this mess started; I might fool Felix, but fooling my older friend is impossible.

"Someone is coming towards our table," Minho suddenly whispers, snapping me back to reality.

As I warily look up, I find a tall, extremely good-looking boy with ashen blonde hair approaching our table. He looks familiar, as in; I've seen him around in the hallways a few times between classes. I am surprised as he gives me a soft smile as his eyes meet mine when he comes to a halt next to our table.

"Hey, you're Minjae, right?" he asks and I hesitantly nod a few times.

"That's me. Why?"

Relief washes over the boy's features at my confirmation and he quickly glances around before leaning closer. "Meet me at the west gate after school, I have something to tell you."

"Are you going to confess to her or something?" Changbin snorts, earning a look of disapproval from both Chan and Minho.

"No," the ashen-haired boy responds, giving Changbin a weird look before he glances at Minho. "You should come, too. It's important. See you guys later, I guess."

And then, without any further explanation, he spins on his heels and walks off, leaving the four of us in confusion. Why would a stranger want to talk to us? I can't come up with many reasons. Unless-

"Does any of you know him? Because I don't." Minho asks, eyeing the two sitting opposite of us.

Chan shakes his head, watching the unknown boy disappear. Changbin, however, lightly taps his chin as he seems to be digging in his memory before he speaks up.

"I know he's a junior but I don't know his name."

"I don't know what a junior wants from us but let's hear him out," Minho suggests and I nod in agreement. I can tell we're both thinking the same thing; maybe, just maybe, it has something to do with the Jangmi-and-Felix situation.

"Hardly anyone uses the west gate," Chan jokes. "Maybe he's planning on murdering you."

Changbin laughs along with the oldest and I find Minho forcing out a chuckle as well. But I know his mind is already occupied with the mysterious boy and honestly, so is mine. If focusing on class before lunch break was already an issue, I can't imagine how much of a struggle it will be for the classes we have yet to survive before the end of today.

But it has to be done. I can't wait to find out what the boy has to say.

--

I read a lot of fanfictions but I hardly come across any where it takes the main character this many chapters to realize her feelings oops. I also just realized that all my stories are like that >.<

Also....👀