Sommadinah could see the anger in his eyes with every word he spoke. She could feel how upset he was and how his dim eyes shone so bright as he yelled at her. He meant every word. Sommadinah held on tight to her long dress so it didn't stop her from doing the next thing she was about to do, she rushed to Randy as fast as she could even taking him by surprise. She knelt down in front of him and then grabbed on to his legs.

"Please," She said as drops of her tears began to fall now on his leather shoes. Randy snorted out to show his disgust. "Please let me go. Allow me to leave this house. Allow me to go and I won't ever stand in your way again. I beg you. I can't take this anymore. I can't stand this place anymore. If you have any respect left for me you'd please let me go away from here."

Randy scoffed and then pushed her away from him, causing Sommadinah to fall right back on the shattered glass. She could feel the piece of glass find their way into her arm but she was too emotional to even care about it. She just kept looking at Randy crying as hard as she could.

"Get yourself together!" He yelled at her. "Stop drinking and spewing nonsense or I'm going to teach you a lesson you'd never forget."

"I'd love to see you try." Silence filled the room the moment they heard a voice from right from the behind them. Randy turned quickly so he could take a long surprised look at Rafael. Rafael looked away from him and then found his way to his mother who was trying so hard to pick herself from the ground now. She was so ashamed. Too ashamed to face him the way she was. Rafael exhaled when he saw her.

"Rafael." Sommadinah sobbed, raising her head to meet his.

"Mum." He bent over, trying to pick her up from the ground.

"Of course." Randy added. "Birds of a feather. You're the only one that cleans her mess."

Rafael ignored everything Randy was saying at that point.

"If you married her then don't you think you should take responsibility for her?" Rafael slowly turned to him and Randy scoffed. "Why do I have to do everything for you? Isn't she your woman?" Rafael glared at him, trying so hard not to raise his voice. "How can you treat her like this? Did she force you to make a family with her? Was she the only one that produced us?"

"You fool."

"Fine." Rafael nodded. "Since you won't do what you're supposed to then I have to step in. I have to do it for you again and again because I can't watch you maltreat my mother anymore or any more of my people. I'm taking her out of this house. The twins too."

"Rafael," Sommadinah held on to Rafael's arm, she was trying to stop him from saying anything else that would get on Randy's nerve.

"How can you come to my house and talk to me in such manner?" Randy asked him. "How can you question how I rule my own house? Your people?" He snorted. "You have no person here. Who gave you the right to try to take any one from this house away from this house?"

"Rafael-"

Rafael slowly turned back to Sommadinah. He reached for her hands.

"Mum, it's okay." He told her. "Go help the twins pack their bags and get ready. Pack yours too. I'd be with you shortly."

She slowly turned to Randy like she was trying to make sure it was okay. He slowly looked away from her. Wasn't he going to stop her?

She slowly turned back to Rafael and then nodded quickly. She felt so relieved. She couldn't even hide it anymore. She sniffed and then slowly found her way to the door. Her hands and legs were shaking terribly. She was so afraid. Even more afraid the moment she walked past Randy. She walked away from the room.