chapter 3

Y/N POV

Pacific Ocean

Y/N: damn it! What's happening here?

The navigation system suddenly messed up when I entered the storm, I has been trying to fix the navigation system for a couple of hours. It's showed the map but it's still showing,
"Error".

Y/N: damn it, state of the art ship and my navigation system broken just because of a storm. Great

I looked at the ocean, it's still familiar but I can feel something is amiss. Now my option is to wait here and wait for the navigation system to back online or sail aimlessly in the ocean. Both of them has their own danger and advantage.

Y/N: how do I get into this situation anyway?

---flashback---

--Mariana trench--

- first Oriental flotilla -

Y/N: you want me to do what!!?

I yelled at the screen that showed my sister's face.

Yamato: like I said, there's a report of an strange storm suddenly appearing. Some destroyer are already gone missing, their last location is where the storm appeared.

Y/N: why it has to be me?

Yamato: first, your fleet is the closest to where the storm last reported

Y/N: (roll eyes)

Yamato: and second, you're my brother and I trust you can take care of it.

Y/N: (sigh) and what do you want me to do with it?

Yamato: observe it, try to pin point where it frequently appear and make a mark on the map.

Y/N: battleship turned into a weather man. Great.

Yamato: come on it's shouldn't be that hard.

Y/N: (tch) fine, I hope I can find something to shoot there. I haven't fired my main battery for a long time.

Yamato: (sigh)

I closed the video feed and looked at the sky. Suddenly takao face appear in monitor.

Takao: what is it Y/N?

Y/N: Nothing, it look like we're going to hunt for a storm.

Kongou: a storm?

Y/N: a strange phenomenon, some destroyer is already lost and as one of the closest fleet to the storm we're tasked to investigate it as soon as possible.

Kongou: well, we can scramble our float plane to help us located the storm.

Y/N: good idea.

Maya: errr I think that wasn't necessary....

Y/N: why?

Maya: look at your left

She said while pointing her index finger, I looked at the direction she point and see dark clouds suddenly appeared on the sea.

Y/N: Kongou, report our position to the main fleet, I want to try something first...

I opened One of my missile tube and launched one the missle. As the rocket enter the cloud I trigger the self destruct mode.

.....

Nothing happen, not even a faint sound of explosion.

Y/N: I'm going in.

Takao: going to where?

Y/N: into the storm

Kongou: wait, what if you gone missing to? We don't know what happened inside of the cloud.