18

The first thing that I have to do is figure out what happened and why I'm in a coma. Jake said that he was sorry but what for?

     I can only remember what happened before the party so something must have happened at the party. My feet drag me to the house that it was hosted at.

     I pass by an empty bridge and I feel a connection towards it. My body starts to sway as my vision darkens.

     My eyes frantically look around the empty area. The... bridge? I feel something in my hand and look down to see a necklace. My arm lifts up as I ready to throw it in the water. A voice screams my name as I lose my balance and fall. Water soon engulfs me as my vision turns to black.

     My eyes slowly open as the sun shines in them. I look around to see that I'm on the floor so I get up as my head stops spinning. What was that?

     While walking to the house I figure out that it must have been how I went into a coma. Now I have to figure out why I was there and I have a feeling that it has something to so with the party.

     The closer that I get to the house the more the sun goes down and as soon as I can see the parking lot I see it full of cars. It looks just like it did the day of the party. I walk through the crowd into the party.

     Just like before, there is barely any empty space. Looking through the crowd I spot an oddly familiar face. "Is that me?" I move closer to the circle of people to see our friend group hanging out. "It is!" Past me speaks to Jake, "I need to go to the bathroom, I will be right back."

     He looks at me with love in his eyes as he replys, "Ok. I will be over here." Once I leave Cameron sits next to Jake and gives him a couple drinks too many. "What is that guy doing? That's way too many drinks." Cameron whispers something to Jake and he gets up and leaves.

     "I wonder where he's going." Jake stumbles around the room until he bumps into someone and smiles. "Is that a girl?" Jake latched onto her and I feel a pang of pain in my heart. She look surprised but after a few moments she starts to smirk.

     She takes Jakes hand as she leads him upstairs. My face wrinkles up as I glare at her and follow. She takes him to a room and locks the door. I walk through it as Jake is saying something while his words are slurred. "(Y/N)... I louveee youuuu" She smirks as she places her lips on his.

     "What the fuck??" I scream, enraged. The door then bursts open as things get heated. "That's me!" I yell although no one can hear me. Past me runs out of the room and I follow as she leaves the house.

     My vision starts to blur as I think. "Is that why I was at the bridge?" My thought is correct as I walk to the middle of a nearby bridge. My heart breaks as I watch myself collapse and sob. "So it was all his fault!"

     My fists clench as I speak. I reach out to comfort myself but my hand can only go through me. Time stops and everything is still while I think of what to do. "Maybe it's better to stay here..."

     My vision darkens as I blackout for what feels like a few seconds. Suddenly I am in the car with Sam, Colby, and Jake. Jake is looking down with dull, lifeless eyes as tears stream down his face. Colby yells at him as they arrive at the hospital.

     I blackout again and appear in a white dreary room. My unconscious body lays in the bed as Jake is sitting by the bed holding my hand. His lip quivers as he whispers, "Why am I such a dumbass..."

     Tears fall from his eyes. "A king cant rule without his queen.. Please.. Wake up... I need you." My vision blurs as tears form in my eyes. "He's went through enough pain already." I decide as I try to figure out a way to wake up. I make up my mind. "Hopefully this will work." I run out of the hospital and towards the direction of the bridge.

·Time Skip·

     My legs ache as I stop in front of the bridge. I walk up to where I stood before and look in the water. The sun reflects off of the water and reveals it. The necklace. The water flows slowly as I stand on the side of the bridge.

     My body is surrounded by water as I jump in and swim towards the necklace. The water flow suddenly gets faster as I reach for the necklace.

     My fingers graze upon the metal chain as my lungs plead for air. Almost... there... My hand clamps around it and I swim up.

     "I've got it!" I scream in joy. Gasping for air, I swim to the side of the river and climb out. The necklace looks even better than I remember. I hold it in my hand and admire its beauty.

     Before my mind can wander off any further I unclamp the necklace and slowly place it around my neck. As I put it together I collapse and pass out.

     My body shoots up and a sharp pain appears in my torso. Am I awake? Bright lights flash above me as I squint my eyes. Looking around I see a nurse rushing over to check on me. "How are you feeling?" I stare at her and after a couple of seconds she speaks again with a shocked look etched on her face.

     "Please lay back down while I go get the doctor." I can hear voices talking as she leaves. One voice is very familiar so I try to focus on it. I recognize the voice as Jake's once he yells. "I have to see her! I need to apologize!" Another voice speaks as the door opens. "Sir! You can't do that!" Jake runs toward me with a smile so bright I can't help but slightly smile back.