Ch 2. My Powers Are Here Early

Hey, just a warning there may be subjects that might not sit well with some readers so if you are averse to abuse and neglect I would skip that section I will mark it with a -*- at the beginning of the section and the end. - Author

Five Years Later

I was hanging at the playground behind the school all alone. I hadn't been able to make any friends since the car accident that killed my parents. I hadn't meant for them to die, but my powers coming early was so unexpected that I was unable to control them for about an hour. I was sad about their deaths because I had gotten attached to them and was even thinking about keeping them. I felt a tear run down my face as I remembered them laugh mere moments before their death.

-*-

I had been sent to the local orphanage and was quickly shunned and neglected. When I wasn't being locked in my room for at least three days straight, I was beaten by the other children. I had ended up in the hospital more times then I could count, but I always recovered. I kept reminding myself that even though I wasn't being treated well that I should blame them as they just didn't understand me and that wasn't their fault.

-*-

I was swinging slowly back and forth when I heard a cry for help. Turning toward the sound I got up and ran. When I arrived I saw a woman lying beside a motorcycle. The womans ankle looked like it was sitting at an odd angle and was clearly broken. I walked over to her and crouched by her ankle. the woman looked at me curiously as she panted in pain.

"Hold still." I whispered reaching out to touch her ankle. The woman flinched as my hand made contact.

"W-what are you d-doing?" The woman stammered in confusion and worry. I looked at the woman with a friendly smile before turning back to the broken ankle.

"Heal" I commanded and watched as the ankle righted itself and went back to its original state. I pulled back and looked over toward the woman who was staring at me with shock and awe. I smiled before getting up and helping the woman up.

"H-how did you do that?" The woman asked in wonder. I blushed a deep red and ducked my head shyly.

"I don't know. I've always been able to do it, ma'am." I replied politely. The woman nodded before picking up her motorcycle.

"Well, my name is Sara Dare. Who are you?" The now named Sara asked. I considered Sara for a moment before responding carefully.

"My name is Eve Young. Ma'am." I said looking around nervously." I'm sorry ma'am. I have to go home now."

With that, I turned and ran toward the orphanage. By the time I stopped running I was 5 blocks from the incident. I had lied about going home as I rathered sleeping outside then returning to that awful place. I turned toward the small wooded area by the orphanage and hide in my self-made shelter.

Three Years Later

I was now nine and was the talk of the town. Rumors were spreading that I was an Angel sent to protect the town, while I didn't encourage the rumors I didn't discourage them either. I was finally being treated better everyone was kind and gentle toward me. I was given a better bedroom at the orphanage and was finally fed a healthier amount of food. In exchange, I healed the locals that came with terminal illness. I was respected and practically worshipped which I hated. I was doing this not for the recognition but for the people and didn't want the fame as it made me uncomfortable.

I was currently waiting for another of my patients to arrive and when I fell into a strange mind-scape. I looked around confusion rising when all I saw was darkness and small floating lights. Suddenly an image appeared of Crowley and Aziraphale during the switching scene at the end of the show. As I continued to watch a cold realization gripped me as I watched the Angel and Demon going to their execution. They hadn't switched and were currently being swallowed by Hellfire and Holy Water. I reeled back to the present as their deaths ended and knew that whatever I changed had affected the Demon and Angel's fate. I was horrified, what could cause such a drastic change?

I calmed myself down taking deep breaths. After a minute the patient arrived. I took a look at the woman, she was blonde with green eyes and a thin curvy body. I tilted my head and checked her health.' she has a brain tumor.' I thought before smiling up at the woman.

"Hello, are you the healer? My names Erin." The woman now identified as Erin asked. I nodded and waved to the couch. Erin nodded shyly and sat down. I looked her up and down looking for anything I might have missed but found nothing.

"Are you here about the tumor?" I asked softly. Erin nodded with a slight look of surprise. I grinned cheekily at her.

"Yes, how did you know?" Erin asked confused. I just giggled before responding.

"I can heal with a touch. I think it isn't out of my power to tell what I am healing." I said cheerfully as I made the tumor shrink out of existence. I double-checked before backing away again.

"Now all you have to do is get a check-up and everything should be Tickety-Boo!" I exclaimed happily. Erin beamed at me before thanking me and practically skipping out the door. After she left I grabbed my favorite book and sat down to read.