On the bright side of the waitress having an obvious crush on my brother, we got our drinks and our orders in crazy fast and then she practically had to be dragged away from our table by her manager. While the waitress was chatting with my brother, I help Leo choose something substantial and then Leo helps little Grace find what she wants to eat.

Through everything, I hardly noticed that Leo and I's fingers were touching ever so slightly underneath the table. I grip his hand tightly in mine and flash him a grin. Leo smiles nervously back. We eventually get our food. I got a sweet Thai chicken wrap. Seth chose the smokehouse burger. Leo got the club sandwich, and because Grace couldn't choose anything, Leo offered her half of his sandwich. In the end, I had to force Leo to finish his half and most of his fries. I was starving so I eat all mine without any trouble. Seth is the same way. Grace only eats three-quarters of her half (it's a fairly large sandwich). Seth snags the waitress's number and we leave and head back to my grandma's.

When we arrived at my house, everyone dispersed to various rooms, so Leo and I just flop on my bed and stare at the ceiling in comfortable silence. 

"So, there's no way your grandma is letting me leave now, right?" Leo asks with a slight smirk. 

"Not a chance," I reply idly. "Especially since it hasn't escaped our notice that you haven't been eating nearly enough."

"I don't know what you're talking about," Leo says evenly. "What is there to do around here?" Leo has cleverly changed the subject and it might've worked on Jason or Piper, but not me. But I let it go for the time being.

"Usually whatever my cousins feel like," I shrug. "Oh and my Aunt Kacy will probably want to give you a checkup."

"I really don't think that's necessary."

"It'll be fine," I assure him. "She has an office right here in town."

"I'm fine though," he insists. 

"We'll see." I check my watch, doing a small double-take when I see that it's almost midnight. I peek outside my door and find the house eerily quiet, signifying that everyone is likely asleep. Perfect. "Let's go get a snack."

"We just ate!" Leo protests.

"Yeah, like five hours ago, you weirdo," I laugh. "And besides, it's just hot chocolate and graham crackers."

"I'll do one or the other," Leo offers, standing up.

"Spoilsport." I grab Leo's hand (gods this is still pretty new) and tug him into the kitchen. I put some milk on the stove to heat up while Leo perches himself on the countertop. I rummage around the cupboards and pull out the graham crackers.  I hold one out to Leo.

"No thanks."

"That wasn't a question," I frown. "You need some sugar in your life." Leo rolls his eyes reluctantly and accepts the cracker, though reluctantly. He takes a bite off the corner, all the while mock-glaring at me. I shoot him a smug look and begin munching on my own crackers. The milk has heated up now and I pull down two mugs and the chocolate mix. I add whipped cream and cinnamon and chocolate sauce. I hand one of the mugs to Leo, who hasn't even finished one cracker yet (I've already gone through five). Then I grab a thick quilt and take Leo onto the front porch.

"You do know that this is really un--" I cut Leo off.

"Live a little," I scold him, before sitting us down on the porch swing. I curl up next to my boyfriend (so weird) who stiffens a little. I sip at my hot chocolate, taking care to not get any on my face. "Drink up." Leo gives me a look and takes a cautious sip of the drink.

"That's really good," Leo gasps. 

"Told you," I smile. "Now try this." I take a graham cracker and dip it in the hot chocolate and then take a bit. Leo follows my actions.

"Well?"

"Even better." I snuggle back into Leo. I feel like maybe I should be taking things slower, but it's cold and Leo is really warm, like 24/7. Eventually, we both end up polishing off our drinks and sitting in silence. I can slowly feel myself begin to fall asleep.

----------------------------------------

I awake to see Seth's smirking face. "You guys are in so much trouble."

I snap awake. "Have we been here all night?" Next, to me, Leo is still struggling awake. 

"Not yet, because Grandma isn't up, so..." I shoot up and grab Leo who is still waking up. I pick up the empty mugs and the half-full graham cracker package. 

Everything is spick-and-span in five minutes tops. Seth lends Leo some clothes and I go to change. By the time my grandmother is up, Seth, Leo and I are sitting at the counter sipping tea and talking casually in Brittish accents. 

----------------------

And that's a wrap! I'm not dead, see? I've been really busy, which is why I haven't replied to comments. I'm actually supposed to be doing homework (specifically DBQ's and Honors Literature) right now, but I'm procrastinating. 

So, I hope you like it! I really like Merrily's point of view, just because her character is really observant and also fun to write. It's also probably because she's an OC. I don't know. These next few chapters are going to be a calm point, but things are going to fire up soon, after Christmas. And by that, I mean after Christmas in the book, not real life. 

*breaks fourth wall*

Leo: What do you mean 'fire up soon'?

Me: *cackles evilly*

Merrily: That doesn't sound good.

David: I actually know what's going to happen.

Leo: How do you know???

David: CheyPaigeFanfic, MerrilyE and I have had some conversations while I was in the underworld.

Leo: Well, what's going to happen?

Me: Not telling.

Leo: *lights hand on fire* now will you tell me?

Me: *holds pen threateningly* no.

Leo: What can you do with that?

Me: *types furiously*

Leo: *sprouts goat horns* HEY

David: CheyPaigeFanfic does not own PJO or HoO.

Leo, now with a tail, beard and elf hat: STOP WRITING

Me: MUAHAHAHAHA NEVER!!!

Leo: *grows whiskers* *screams*

Me: *laughs*

Merrily: Please vote and comment!