Flying on Festus

Leo POV

Quick thanks to MerrilyE and Cheyenne1J for reading! Also notice the fantastic artwork done by MerrilyE.

Quick note, the middle of this chapter is mostly fluff, but it picks up.

--------------------

I was down by the campfire longingly watching Nico, Merrily, Chey, Abigail, and Ryan jump around playfully when Rachel Dare, the camp oracle, came down from her cave. I saw everyone freeze and stare. Walking around so that I was facing the same direction as everyone else, I see that Rachel's eyes are green and the emerald colored smoke is beginning to billow around her. Then she begins to speak in the Oracle's raspy voice.

Seven must journey

Through places, they called homes

To search and to find

Gods and goddesses' treasured tomes

God of war, his helm

God of traveling, his wings

Goddess of wisdom, her spear

God of fire, eternal flame

Goddess of love, valued brush

God of music, magic lyre

God of wine, everlasting goblet

The son of war, children of thievery

Daughter of beauty, son of the flame

Son of death, daughter of wisdom

Shall take up the challenge

One will fall, four will love

To another, the quest will fail or flourish

Emotions will rumble, causing near destruction

Daughter of wisdom shall turn or be turned

This I have foreseen

Merrily's mouth is agape, and everyone else is frozen to the ground. Suddenly, Clarisse, who has a sullen looking David in tow, yells, "Well? Let's go tell Chiron!" Scrambling over ourselves, we race to the Big House where Chiron is just leaving his room.

"I assume our dear Rachel has just been given a prophecy?" he asks sorrowfully.

Merrily nods. "It said, 'Seven must journey through places they called homes."

"'To search and to find gods and goddesses' lost tomes'," Abigail continues.

"'God of war, his helm, God of traveling his wings, goddess of wisdom her spear'," Nico adds helpfully.

"'God of fire, eternal flame, Goddess of love, valued brush, God of music, magic lyre, God of wine, everlasting goblet'," I say. I don't know how I remembered it so well.

"'The son of war, children of thievery, daughter of beauty, son of the flame'," David repeats verbatim.

"'Son of death, daughter of wisdom shall take up the challenge, one will fall, four will love'," Chey says thoughtfully.

"'To another, the quest will fail or flourish, emotions will rumble, causing near destruction, daughter of wisdom shall turn or be turned. This I have foreseen'," Ryan finishes with a flourish.