Riley's Drug Company

Nico POV

----------------------

Merrily is so adorable when she sleeps. Her breathing is slow and even, except at times when it would speed up for a few seconds. Suddenly, Merrily jolts awake and nearly topples off of Festus. Leo and I catch her, though.

Soon, we land in an empty park. Festus flies away, knocking Chey and Abigail onto the soft grass. Ryan manages to catch Abigail, and though I feel the urge to catch Chey, I stand back and laugh as she falls on her butt. For a moment, a look of hurt crosses her face when she hears me laugh, but it is soon replaced by irritableness. And Leo, thank Aphrodite, puts a shirt on.

"Well, lead the way," Merrily tells Ryan expectantly. "What are we doing?"

"My mom and my stepdad should be at work this time of day, so we can probably get in and get out," Ryan explains. 

"Let's go then," I frown, grumpily. The six of us (and the one toddler) set off down the road. Ryan and Abigail are in front, leading the group, trying to inconspicuously sneak looks back at the four of us. Merrily and Chey are too busy giggling and looking back at us to actually notice. And by us, I mean Leo and I. 

Leo is walking next to me. Good gods, what is his issue? He always seems to be pissed off at me for practically no reason. I get enough of that crap from people at camp. Leo looks at me while I'm thinking this, and a pained look crosses his face and he looks away.

"What's your problem with me?" I hiss angrily. Leo's head snaps up and he looks slightly annoyed.

"I don't know what you mean," Leo frowns. "I don't have a problem with you. Why would I?"

"Yeah, you do," I insist. "Ever since Missouri you've been stone cold towards me. Is it because of Merrily?" 

"We were never the best of friends at any rate," Leo scowls, stuffing his hands in his pockets. "It's got nothing to do with Merrily."

"Yeah right," I snap. "Listen, she chose me, not you, so why don't you just back off you bastard!" Next thing I know, Leo's fist is flying at my face and a sharp pain flares up my nose as I fall to the ground. Leo begins whaling on my chest with his fist unrelentlessly.

"Ohi, scendi da me, figlio di puttana!"

"No mereces hablarme así, maldito bastardo!" 

Vaguely I can hear cries of 'Nico!' and Chey and Ryan chanting 'fight, fight, fight'. And is that Taylor squealing in happiness?

I'm about to black out when Leo is pulled forcefully off of me and ambrosia is shoved into my mouth. As per usual, it tastes like very sweet apple cake which is the natural taste of ambrosia, as my father tells me.

Slowly, the throbbing pain everywhere ceases and I can sit up. Merrily looks massively irritated. Abigail looks disgusted. Ryan, Chey and Taylor all look disappointed and Leo looks slightly guilty. 

"What was that all about?" Merrily demands. I stay silent. It's not my fault Leo clearly has mental issues. 

"It's my fault," Leo says quickly, looking ridiculously guilty. Dang, that kid will do anything to get a girl to like him. 

"Why?" Merrily asks.

"Uhm..."

"Square up you ignorant salmon!" Merrily yells in frustration after a few moments. Everyone freezes, except Chey, who's giggling. That insult... we all remember the last time she brought out that one. I shudder at the thought. We all back away, even Chey who's still laughing. Leo looks terrified.