"Calm down, 682 won't hurt her."

The two men watch as Ross pets 682 like he was some sort house cat.

"When do you think we'll be able to go to her house? Or at least get us over to ours." Clef asks, crossing his legs.

"I don't know, but my fuse is starting to get short. I wanted to throw Gerald out of the car this morning."

"I wanted to shoot him. But did you see the look on Ross's face when she was talking about Lilith?"

"No, I was looking at the road."

"Anyway, she was lying through her teeth. I don't think she has a dog."

"Of course the king of lies found out our darling is lying. Maybe we should ask her about it? Communication is key."

"True. Maybe when we get her alone." Clef leans forward and watches Ross laughs at something the reptile has said. "We picked a good one."

Jack smiles, green-red eyes twinkling. "We really did."

————————————————————

"That was relaxing, I need to do that more often." Ross laughs, bushing her curls behind her ear.

"You sure looked like you were having fun. What did it say?" Alto looks over his shoulder at her, pen and paper ready to write.

"He misses fresh air, and the time before humans. He talks like he's prehistoric, but that would make him as old as fossils." She sits down next to Alto, crossing her arms.

"Come on doll, Cain and Able are almost that old, it's not impossible."

"But it's highly unlikely, we aren't even that old Alto! Ugh... my heads too stuffy for arguments..."

Alto looks up from his paper, raising his eyebrow. "Stuffy? Doll are you getting sick." You better not, I'm not leaving you home alone.

She waves him off, shrugging like is nothing. "I'm fine, just a cold. I get it every year."

"You should be home, resting."

"I should be here, being useful."

"Don't make me get Glass. I want you to stay home tomorrow to rest." Alto finishes the paperwork, passing it over to his intern before sending them off. "Got it? I'll cover your work for you."

"Alto, no. I'll take the day off to work from home, but that's all I'm willing to do."

Alto frowns, but nods. "Fine. I'll bring you your work and spend the day with you. Only way I'm letting you work tomorrow."

"Oh no, my place is a mess-"

"Cut the shit or I'll drag Jack into this."

"Go ahead and drag Jack into this, there's no shit to cut."

Alto stands up, picking Ross up and tossing her over his shoulder.

"Hey! Put me down you damn Devil!"

"Nope. Lunchtime, we're going to Jacks office." He takes her down the hallway, her struggling and kicking against him the entire way to Dr. Brights office. He casually kicks open the door, finally setting down his sick dear. "If you had held still it would have been a fun ride. Sit." Dr. Clef shuts the door, clicking the lock.

"Jack, tell Alto he's being ridiculous!" Ross pleas, looking at the confused ginger.

"Alto you're being ridiculous, I don't even want to know what you're doing this time-" Jack is cut off.

"Ross is sick and doesn't want to take time to rest." He clarifies.

Jacks expression quickly shifts from tired to worried. "You're sick? Why did you come into work today Ross!" He stands up to rush to her side, pressing his hand to her head. "You're warm. Here, you can lie down in here until the end of the day. You're not working."

"Jack please it's just a cold-"

"Or the flu."

"Or whatever 049 is spreading."

"Different site Clef."

"Both of you stop!" Ross drops down onto Brights couch. "Fine, I'll rest and I won't come in tomorrow! But no one is going to my house!"

Clef gives Bright a look, the final piece clicking in the red eyed mans head. Jack nods, agreeing with her. "Alright, but you need someone to watch over you. Why don't you spend the night with me and Alto just to make sure you're okay? We'll give you a few minutes at your house to feed Lilith and grab some spare clothes."

"I...... fine, I don't want to argue anymore."

"Good. Now lie down, we'll go grab you something to make sure your stomach stays settled." Jack runs his fingers through her hair, leaning down to tap his forehead to hers.

Ross responds by putting her hand on his head as well, returning the gentle tap. "Okay Jack. Just don't worry about me? Please?"

"That's never going to happen." He chuckles, standing up straight. "Come on Clef, you need to eat."

Clef rolls his two open eyes, third one closed, moving to kiss the top of Ross's head. "Fine fine. But I won't be happy about it."