Whenever she came back up shivering, she regretted not getting in slowly.

"How's it feel genius?" Ava called.

"C-cold but g-good!" She yelled excitedly.

Parker came running on the dock and jumped in himself, and when he came back up he yelled, "Don't be lame!" And now, everyone had to jump in or else they were 'lame'.

"Chandler, go change!" Laura yelled. Chandler didn't even realize he was supposed to be swimming too.

"O-oh yeah." He mumbled and went into the woods. He went pretty far, until he could barely hear his friends shouting and laughing anymore.

He, very quickly, changed from his jeans to shorts. He kept his shoes off, and his hoodie on.

When he walked back to the deck everyone was still horse-playing around and laughing in the water.

"You gonna swim in your hoodie?" Ava called when she noticed Chandler. Chandler just shook his head.

"I think I'll just sit on the dock...s-swimming's not really my thing anyway." Chandler answered.

"Bullshit. We didn't come all this way for you to sit on the dock and watch us have fun." Parker smiled and climbed onto the dock.

"You wanted to swim until now. What is it?" He asked.

"I don't have a shirt on under this." Chandler mumbled. Parker grinned and Zay started laughing.

"So? You're a guy, you don't have to wear a shirt." Zay said.

"Yeah, man no one's looking anyway, I promise." Parker laughed. But Chandler knew they would be looking.

He wasn't ashamed of his body, he was ashamed of the scars that littered it.

Chandler sighed. "I'm uncomfortable." He mumbled and quickly pulled off his hoodie, running and jumping into the lake before anyone could get a good look at his back or upper arms.

When he came back up he said, "T-that's c-cold." He said, shivering.

"I didn't think you would jump in." Zay laughed. Chandler just smiled. He knew he didn't have any other choice.

Two hours later

Chandler was having so much fun that he forgot about the scars on his body, so he and everyone else got out of the water and sat on the dock, letting the sun dry them off a little.

Laura was the first one to notice the angry red scars on Chandler's back.

"Chandler, your back!" She exclaimed, concern lacing her features. Then Chandler realized.

His breathing started to pick up as he tried to come up with some sort of excuse.

"I-it's okay it doesn't hurt." Is all he came up with. A tear streamed down Laura's face while everyone else just looked at him in shock.

"Laura please don't cry...I-it's okay. G-guys I'm fine I swear." Chandler promised shakily.

Laura wipes her eyes and wrapped her arms around Chandler. It felt like all the tension was released and Chandler let out a relieved sigh.

"I'm okay, baby." He whispered into her shoulder. Laura smiled and pulled away.

"I love you." She said, still smiling sadly. Chandler smiled back.

"I love you too." He said.

"Awweee!" Parker said in the background and Zay rolled his eyes.

"Way to ruin a moment dude." He sighed.