***

I am on my way to the 24/7 restaurant with a stupid grin on my face. It is midnight and my dad has arranged with Terrain Tops to only allow Damien, the agents, and I only. The roof will be empty which is perfect for me. I just hope he doesn't suspect anything.

It's been three weeks since I gave him my number and it's been a week that we started calling each other every second of the day.

I find myself ditching hours of sleep to talk to him only to fall asleep in class. But I didn't mind. Damien is someone I relate to in a weird way and he really understands me. He also never fails to lift my mood. My mind plays over our last phone call and how he was making me laugh with terrible pickup lines he found on the internet. As late night phone calls increased, my feelings for him began to grow. I notice that the only times I don't have nightmares is when my friends are sleeping over, I'm way too tired, or when I fall asleep to Damien in my ear.

We had tried to schedule several dates, but I knew I had to slowly keep talking about Damien to my dad before even bringing up a date or he'll never let me go. For all he knows, he would've guessed Damien was a complete stranger.

Not that I would've told Damien that. Instead I just gave him excuses which leaves him to keep accusing me of playing hard to get.

But It's easy to pretend with him. Somehow he have no clue who I am, who my father is (I've gathered that he at least know the name of the president but he has no interest in politics) and I want to keep it that way. If I'm complaining, to him it's a normal and average girl complaining about a snarky comment that her father's guest whispered over their shoulder or being forced to behave like a queen among politicians that probably had no interest in you anyway. Not the daughter of the United States' president who whined too much. I was even able to tell him that I met Justin Trudeau's wife backstage at a WE Day event (although I couldn't mention that her husband met with my father the following week. However, I didn't fail to mention how handsome Trudeau was).

He didn't know the other life I had and it felt good to pretend that it doesn't exist.

And now that I was finally able to convince my father, despite having to bring SSAs, I couldn't help but feel exhilarated. I've never been on a date before and I can't help but feel a little excited but also nervous.

Damien had picked the location, claiming "You'll never refuse a date again after going out with me." It was a somewhat-fancy new restaurant a little distance away from the White House. My dad unnecessarily sent assistants to check on the status of the kitchen and their ingredients. He wants to "make sure my daughter isn't being fed poison."

One of the agents who had checked the restaurant personally told me to order the Oreo milkshakes ("Best milkshake I've ever tasted") and that the caesar salad is amazing. She knew salads are my religion and so she had made sure everything was fresh for me.

I smooth out my knee-length white dress as I hide a smile. "Can I please take pictures?"

"No." All of my SSAs reply in unison.

I snicker. "Please? How many SSAs have been on a date on the job? This is the perfect story to tell your future kids. Of course none of them will believe you unless I document the special moment for you guys."

"If you take any pictures, I'll forget my job and leave your ass on that roof," Sean threatens.

"Then maybe Damien can take me back to his place." I was clearly joking but Reynolds is shooting me death glares.