❀ | prologue

Seoul, November 2017

"What are you doing here?"

There was a boy standing right outside of her door. Kwon Min Jung looked behind her, towards the main room of her family's condominium where both her parents were enjoying cups of coffee and a movie. She popped her head out, as if to make sure the hallway was clear. She stepped outside to where he was standing.

"My parents are home," she told the boy heatedly, in hushed tones. "You should go. I told you I'll talk to you when I'm ready. I just need time."

The boy looked at her, pleadingly. God. When was the last time he had seen those eyes? Whether she was pissed off and they were glazed with a fiery spirit, or if she was laughing full-heartedly and they were rich in mirth, she had the prettiest eyes. He didn't want this to be another failed attempt at trying to win her back.

"Min Jung," he began. But where does he start? The boy hadn't even thought this far - he honestly thought that she would have taken a peek through the peephole, tell him to go away, and shut the door in his face. Now, here she was, standing in front of him with no indication that she was going to move away. He hadn't thought about what he'd actually say if she did give him the chance to speak. He needs her.

"I -"

"Min Jung?"

His heart dropped. He looked up to see a familiar figure down the hall, making his way towards the little gathering. This was supposed to be his chance - he had his time awhile ago. He couldn't come back to her life.

"Hello, pretty boy."

Min Jung looked at the two boys in front of her.